GSR190 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR190

Purchased from: Ebay

I play Christian music at church, so there's quite a variety from bluegrass, to rock ballads, to even some funky stuff. I play a pretty clean sound - no effects or distortion. I wouldn't describe the sound as bright, rather warm sounding with a little metallic edge. It's not too punchy though. I don't think this bass would work too well for slapping or that sort of groove.

I play a variety of music - this guitar is great for basic bass playing, as it seems a well rounded fit for most styles. I've had this bass for about 7 years, and have no plans of replacing it. Nor do I have any complaints. If you want a solid, cheap bass considering an Ibanez.

YouTube preview picture

I've played it live numerous times, so it does hold up well. But I'm not an experience bassist either, as it's more my second instrument as opposed to my first. I've had this guitar for about seven years now and it has held up thus far. I've never had to replace anything or get it repaired.

Everything about the guitar was spot on. Out of the box, this guy had a solid construction and no cosmetic flaws. Nothing to complaining about here. And thus far, it has held up just fine. The action, fretboard, bridge, saddle, tuning begs, etc have all held up thus far. I clean them, so I haven't seen any corrosion as of now.

I started playing bass in a band because there wasn't really anyone else doing it. I borrowed a bass for a while, but then wanted to buy my own. I had played Ibanez, and you get a lot bang for your buck. I bought the GSR190. It has 3 pickups, a volume knob and two tone knobs. The tone knobs don't seem to affect the sound too much really. I principally adjust only the volume when I play. For a bass, it's a fairly light guitar. I think the body is semi-hollow and relatively small so that helps cut the weight. I replaced the string with a set of flatwound to reduce finger squeak, and this didn't affect the sound at all. All in all, it's a pretty basic feature set - nothing special, but it is a bass.