GSR190 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR190

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Mc Musical Instruments

Basically, my music style is something like Wednesday 13's. I play a lot of horror punk and I don't need effects or thing like that. A natural bass sound is enough. My bass goes along with an Ibanez amp "BSA15" but it actually has 19 watts. For my room it's enough. I'm not using any effect, though I would like a delay, a wah wah maybe, a tubescreamer. Just for fun. My guitar can make a lot of noise. Even though my amp has only Treble, Middle and Bass, with the right settings, I can obtain a great and a noisy sound.

As I said, I play horror punk. A GSR190 is a good match for this genre. Specially a black one. I play bass for like 4 years and 4 months. I don't have any other gear. I started with a pretty bad bass. It was made in the '80s in Germany. I was surprised that its pickups were still good. I think I would buy another guitar if my bass would be stole or lost. I don't know what. Something more creepy. I love everything at my bass. He's my little baby. I can't hate something at him. My bass is perfect how it is.

I had a lot of shows with my bass. On every show, I used a Behringer 60 watt amp. Believe me, it kicked a-s. A lot of musicians from my city said that it's a very good guitar. And I noticed that by myself. It has that hard sound. I don't know, it has that thing that every bass should have it, no matter of the amp, or the effects. I had once trouble with a strap button but a friend of mine took care of it and now it's ok. I was surprised that even my dealer had problems with the strap button. But I'm happy that everything is ok.

I don't know much about theory or technique stuff, but as far as I can see, my guitar is pretty good made. The pickups are adjusted very well. The dealer did this for me when I bought my guitar. As I said before, it was a new guitar (I bought it on march 2011). It's still in a very good shape. I clean it weekly, I have a solution for my strings etc. I really love my guitar. And the money I spent for it. I really don't want to loose it. Fortunately, the guys who made my guitar were patient enough.

Well, my Ibanez GSR190 was made in 2010 and it's not quite Ibanez. It's Ibanez Gio. It was made in Indonesia. My bass has 22 frets. It's made of mahogany, all black. It has passive electronics. It has two volumes and a tone. It came along with a case, a gig bag, strap, cable, a tuner and some picks. Though it's not a very known model, it's a pretty good guitar. Of course, my dream is an Ibanez ATK200, but til that will happen, I'm happy with my GSR190. It really suits my needs for now. So, these are its features.