GSR200 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR200

I play a lot of Metallica, and the bass is perfect for thrash metal of that genre. It has a surprisingly wide range of tone for its price, and works well for anything from jazz to metal. As I said, I used a Samick amp. the amp was fine starting off, but I really wanted to replace it with something better, and I got a Ashton BA50 50 watt, and it works great with the Bass. I run it through a Zoom B21U effects pedal, just for fun mostly, but it wroks well with all of the effects, particularly the distortion settings. The bass will play any sort of tone you want, from warm to very sharp. My only disappointment is that it's not so great for slap bass. It's possible to play slap, but best not if you're just learning. Everything else sounds great with the bass.

I love this bass. I also have a Greg Bennett 5-string, and it doesn't even compare to this machine. If it were stolen, I would spend the rest of my life getting it back. I just love this bass to death, and I would reccommend this guitar for any beginning Bassist, on the basis of the price: quality ratio. It's the best bass on the market, in terms of quality versus price.

This thing has been banged around, rubbed, scratched, played for hours at a time, and it's in perfect nick. everything is still orignal factory parts, and it's my primary gigging and recording bass. I'm sure it will last me another couple of years at least. I would certainly use it without a backup, I could never imagine would need a backup with this thing in my arms.

When I got it, there was nothing wrong with any part of the bass what'soever. The finish is perfect, it's never let me down. compared to some other guitars I've seen, where the finish have been totally dull, boring, and show the scratches way too easily. I don't think this thing shows any scratches that are on it. The action was perfect.

This guitar was my first ever buy from eBay, also my first ever bass. I bought it as a beginner bass, second hand, a year ago. it wwas a year old when I bought it, and it's still in great nick! It's got 22 frets, and alder body, rosewood fingerboard, and a maple neck (I think). It's got a great transperant red colour (I love it). It's got one tone, and two volume knobs, P and J style pickups. I bought it with a Samick 10 Watt amp, plus gig bag, strap, and a stand, all for $400. The above price of $300 is just an estimate of it's worth as part of the package.

sid-x
    ponis
    sid-x wrote: i have it ! best bass ever for the price and im not embareses to gig with it 4.5 stars
    You cant gig w/ this piece of crap.
    TortillaChip520
    this bass doesn't seem like a piece of crap until you play a real bass. Popping on the bottom string is impossible, it sounds very muffled. the tone knobs fall off, and i needed to buy an equalizer pedal just to make it sound half decent.
    sid-x
    You cant gig w/ this piece of crap yes you can its an awesome bass