GSR200 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR200

This bass can make your Bass sound Dull, Or Bright and Treble. I play a lot of Slapping stuff, And the sound is great! I'm playing out of a Zoom B2.1U effects pedal and Fender Rumble 15 amp (which I got the same day as this bass). The sound is Amazing on treble, If I put all the settings on a clean sound, you just get that funky treble sound out of the active and tone controls.

As I said befor, I play slap Riffs a lot and the tone control which gives the treble sound is great for that. I also own a Fender Rumble 15 amp and a Zoom B2.1U effects pedal and the sound is stunning. I've played since Semptember 2006. I love the tone on it, and the active is my favorite feature, stunning bass boost sound.

When I was getting this bass out of the bar, I accidently hit it against the car, quite hard. I took my bass upstairs, and there's no mark, Not even a scratch. The body feels like a stone and weighs loads less. I would use this bass at a gig, except because it hardly stays in tune, I'd need to tune it up a lot.

This bass was made well, The pickups were adjusted well and everything else was good. Except the frets were not put in well, and my bass makes awful noises on some frets. And that's only what lets this bass down to me. All the high frets are good, but the low ones like the 3rd, 2nd, 4th and 1st are bad.

I have the black version of this bass. This bass has 22 Frets, it's very easy to get to Higher Frets and very easy to play. There are Two Volume Controls, One tone, And another Active Tone control. It has a Fender P style neck pickup, and a Jazz Bass style bridge pickup. I don't trust the Tuners Much, They are always coming out of tune for me.