GSR200 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR200

Price paid: A$ 450

Purchased from: Hobart Music Centre

Suits metal and jazzy styles (my styles) and can pack a punch in a good amp. Using the Ashton (Still) but it works as I'm just a beginner. Can be loud with the EQ turned up full volume so the amp doesn't have to be up full pelt. Bright sound with the J and slightly deeper tones with the P.

Metal, Jazz, been playing since the start of 09 but am a good player. Owned nothing else. If it were stolen, I would get it again. I love the sound it makes it's just brilliant. I am a bit annoyed at the pickup allignment and the rattly strings but thats cool. I compared this to the BTB300 with other aftermarket extras I added from my Ibanez book but that would cost me $5,000AU I reckon. I wish it had gold hardware. All in all, this bass is great and I highly recommend it for the aspiring bassist.

I would use this in a gig without a backup because it is a really great bass. The hardware will last awhile I reckon and everything is solidly planted in it's place. The finish has survived. It is dependable and I would use it anywhere on the road or just at home jamming with mates.

The action is very good so you can slide up and down the neck without any hindering. Pickups are well adjusted but both make virtually the same sound. Everything properly in it's place but: I would have preferred a mahogany body but, what can you do? The pickups are slightly out of whack so the g string in only using one magnet. Some string rattle on numerous frets.

Not sure what year but it was made in Japan at the Ibanez Fujigen plant. 22 medium frets. 864mm/34" scale, laminated top. Agathis body, maple fingerboard, gloss finish. Cutaway style, with a B10 bridge. Powersound P and Powersound J (PSND P & PSND J) passive electronics. Tone and pickup volume controls and a PHAT II band EQ for that extra low-end grunt. Chrome Hardware. Came with a crappy Ashton 20W amp, Gig bag, Lead and strap (for $700).

dan867
    im gettin this bass for my bday with a fender rumble 100 it will be my first bass im wondering if it will be good for metalcore punk hard rock and stuff like that
    rrandumbb
    lukeekul, get a really big replacement knob that stands out a ton, it'll make you look like a total badass! follower4582, I find the bottom string the easiest string to slap. Just my opinion. Good beginner bass, doesn't go great with my Stratocaster... damn.