GSR200 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR200

Price paid: € 220

Purchased from: JnR

I play some funk and rock and it's perfect. I use a Behringer amp and I can get the sound that I want, real bright, and with distortion it's perfect to rock. It has a little bit noise, but that's pretty much normal for evrey bass. I play also in a rock band and this bass doens't have to do under for the guitars. A downside of this is that you can play real low bass, but when you play some higher notes to make it more "musical" it doesn't sound that good anymore, that is my opinion... But forhe real rock, the real metal people this bass is perfect fotr you (normally)

Evreything I expected of this bass, came trough. The only bad thing about the bass for me is that the pick-ups aren't enough to the middel, I've got really big hands, oh well, I got used to it. I advise this bass to evreyone! Maybe not the ABSOLUTE beginner. What I mean with the caps lock? Well... Not for the people that don't know if they will keep playing bass. If you buy this bassand quit after a few months, that's just a waste of perfect money. But for the people who know what they want, this bass is perfect, but it can never compete with an Fender Stratocastet remember that, this isn't the ultimate bass, but it's relative the ultimate bass for the beginner...

I dropped this bass, by accident of the stairs (I know bad me...) but he survived! It was realy a relief for me, it only got a little crack in the neck, but it's almost invisible. The strap buttons where nice done, real solid, your bass is safe it will not fall out you strap and hit the ground. I played already a few gigs with it and you can trust it. A back up bass is always better, in case a string brakes, but I never had that on a bass, and I play on this one for already 2years and I'm not really the most carefull with my bass.

The color of my bass is pearl white, real smooth and very pretty. The action is pretty much perfect, de pick-ups where set real good, nice wood, and like I said, it feels real good in the hand. The only downside for me about the pick-ups was the fact that they wheren't placed at the middle. This is actually kind of normal, but I've got pretty big hands, and if the pick up is in the middle, that's just more handy... Another downside could be that an Ibanez bass need a quicker ajustment of the neck, bridge then other basses. But for me that wasn't really a problem, only for the fact that the action becomes lower...

My bass was made in 2008, and when I first held it in my hands I was in love... Before this one I had an Adonis, not the best bass that there is... The Ibanez isn't either but, it slides so handy, feels very good in the hand and isn't that heavy. They always told me that Ibanez is one of the worst bass manufactures of the world, well, this bass prooved them wrong. It is a cheap bass but it so much more worth than it costs. My gsr200 has bass boos, a fat boost what was really handy if you have a bad amp. You've got also a neck pick-up (2 single coils) volume and bridge pick-up(jazz style) volume and tone. It's very handy to use and you can get the sound out of it that you want. The tuners are also very good, my bass is now 2years old and I haven't got any problems with the tuners, bridge or neck...

bassboy92
    this bass is actually really good iv been playin a while and i honestly can say its very dependable
    ZeppTheGluttony
    if you are a bass apprentice, this is what you have to work with. unless you dont like 22-freds and classical look of the guitar, you can go with that one for so long.
    BillCarson
    Paid 225$ Made In China, lots of fret-buzz and a noisy jazz pickup. Great for beginners though and built solid and versatile. Not bad sounding too especially with Bass-Boost!