GSR205 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR205

I play a range of metal and it suits that very well and I like to play some slapping and popping and it also sounds great with no active boost. I use a dodgey 30 watt amp which I hope to upgrade soon but, with the right tweaking, you can get any sound you want out of this bass. You can get a nice jazz tone with just the rear pickup turned down low, with amp up high, and you can get a good metal tone out of it as well. It has a lot of variety in it's sound, which means it's good for any player.

This bass is a good match to the style of music I play, it's a good match to any style of music. If it were stolen or lost, I would definately replace it. I love the thin, fast neck and the ease of use, but I don't like the pickups, but that's no biggy because I will change them soon. I compared it to a lot of different basses in it's price range but this one came out on top for it's ease of use and the neck mainly, so if you plan on playing fast stuff, and your a beginner, or have a tight budget, this bass is perfect.

I beleive the guitar will withstand Live playing, but I haven't played it Live yet. The hardware seems like it will last a lifetime, but I plan on upgrading soon. The strap buttons weren't very solid. The front one came loose after a while and I nearly dropped the guitar. I would use this at a gig as a main bass but I would have a backup just incase. It would be a good idea to have a backup as this bass is really meant for begginners or people playing in their room.

At the factory, the guitar was set up very well and the action was perfect. The pickups were average as my front pickup started to sink within the first month. The pickups were the only flaws I noticed when I got the bass, but overall, they did a nice job on everything else.

I don't know what year this bass was made but I know it was made in japan and they did a fine job. The bass has a 35 inch scale with 22 frets. It's easy to get to those higher frets with little or no trouble at all. The neck is great and super fast. It is also the thinnest neck I've played on a bass. The body is made of agathis with is a minus but has a decent tone when you fiddle with the knobs a bit. The bridge is great for re-stringing and is very durable. The active electronics are a good feature but make a fuzzy/muffled noise when they are turned up full. Your given the pretty basic knob configuration; 2 volumes, a tone and the active boost knob. The pickups aren't the best because after nearly a month of ownership, my front pickup started to sink into the body, so I suggest changing the pickups when you get it or later down the track.

suggitt
    the english was bad but he got the point through, it's a good bass buy it especially if you play metal
    Tanveer93
    I own it, I love it and I would never dream of selling it. This bass rules and I am very satisfied with it. I play some of the heavy Metallica stuff on it as well as some of the Chili Peppers stuff as well. Very decent tone and overall I'm satisfied with it.
    zapponappo
    I play one of these, in black. Really nice all-round goodness. The reviewers are correct, it has a really brilliant sound for metal playing. I would suggest using rotosound strings. Live, it works really well, and can easily withstand the effects of a gig. However, I haven't hd the problem with sinking pickups yet...that might just be mine, though!
    HeartRaz0r
    fretsonfire74 wrote: i do not like the first review. speak decent english.
    yeah it sucked really