ICB200 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ICB200

This Bass really suits my music style and that style is classic rock, heavy rock and everything else inbetween. My current amp is a Harley Benton HB-80B. This combination creates a very clean sound with hardly any buzzing, but that's more of a human error. When you want it to be, it can be very loud and overwhelming but it can also be very suttle and calm.

I play mostly heavy rock and you could not get any better guitar that suits my style for what you pay, it's as if you get more than what you payed for it. I've been playing for about 3 years and I've only just got my bass recently and it feels smashing. I would probably buy this again if it got lost or stolen, I wouldn't turn my back on this guitar. I love the sound this bass creates and how smooth it can be, I don't really hate anything about this guitar at all, My fave feature would have to be the body shape, people just go crazy when they see it and girls love it.

I have not played this bass Live yet but I will be on 13/03/08 so I'll be able to find out then but I'm sure it will be absolutly great. The hardware seems like it will last forever, aslong as it dosent go through some rough handling. The strap buttons are solid and tight, they feel great. I will definatly depend on this guitar and use it with pleasure without having a backup, this guitar is a real hell raiser. The finish looks great, it looks very solid and it will last for years of playing.

When I recived the guitar, there was not a scratch mark in sight, it looked untouched, everything was in working order when I first played it. The pick-ups are roughly half a centimeter below the strings but they can easily be lowered. Everything was how a nice, respectable bass should be. There was no loose controls, nicely filed fret wire, the tuning pegs are at just the right tightness, no rust anywere, just plain perfect.

This Bass, I find, is very efficient to the way I play, which is normally plucking. It was made in China and I have to say it has a really good build since it came from there. It has 22 medium frets and they the neck is quite but not very thin. The body is made from mahogany and the fretboard is made from rosewood. The body is really stylish and unique, it's nothing out of the ordinary and that's what I like about it. The pickups are Active and it has PHAT II EQ Electronics, the neck pickup is an IBZ DCS4N and the bridge pickup is an IBZ DCS4B. The controls on this are: volume, balance and phat II. I absolutly love this bass and I love the price I paid aswell.

Spaz91
    Does anyone know whether the ICB200EX has active pickups, none of the websites will tell me!