SR300FM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR300FM

I play whatever I feel like learning which covers anything from blues and jazz to metal and punk, This bass is perfect in covering any style of music I play and then some. I play my bass through a 30 watt Fender frontman 15B and although my amp isn't very good the bass still sounds awesome. I don't use any effects with this bass as I don't feel the need to, I'm not big on the whole distortion and reverb craze.

This bass fits every style of music I play and will probably fit every style I plan on playing in the future.As for my music experience I have been playing for about 2 years and picked this bass up about 6 months ago, although I sound like I have barely any previous music experience I know what I'm talking about. I spent hours playing this bass compared to others such as fenders, washburns and even higher priced Ibanez's and this was the best deal out of all of them, why pay an extra $100 for a bass that has less features? I was amazed when I found all the bass I will ever need for just under $500

This bass is the most reliable piece of equipment I have ever owned, a few nights ago I was playing a show and it was going bad so I felt like putting my bass through the amp; all I remember thinking about was how bad the amp was gonna be damaged. I have used this bass as my main bass in all the shows I have played and honestly I have a backup bass but I just don't bring it because it takes up too much space. The finish isn't the best if you're one of those people Who likes to smash their bass up against a wall but it's a good finish none the less.

heres an area where this bass shines. The pickups were a little off-set but I easily fixed that with the right screwdriver. Everything was well setup but I would recommend not keeping the stock strings as they aren't very good. I buy all of my guitars straight from the shelf and I'd say I will continue to do so.

My Ibanez SR300FM was made in 2007 in Indonesia.It has a 34 inch scale and 24 frets on a slim fast playing neck. Its a flamed-maple laminate top on an agathis body with a maple neck. The hardware is basically just the standard Ibanez hardware with an Ibanez dxp pickup in the neck position and an Ibanez dxj pickup in the bridge position. The controls are volume, blend and a stacked bass and treble boost. I never received any accessories with my bass.