SR305DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR305DX

I've had this bass for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. It has the perfect explosive sound for the music I play in my band (metal) but it can do the more melodic parts almost aswell. I've been using it with a Hartke HA2000 head and Hartke VX410 cab, it has an unbeleivable sound through this and the active electronics are so damn loud, I get told to turn down when I'm on the 4th notch on the amp volume because the guitarists cant hear themselves (they use Line 6 as well).

I've been playing the worst bass ever made for the last 2 years since I started and I was understandably stoked when I got this. It's perfect for my style with one small flaw, the small gap between neck pickup and neck means it's not particularly easy to play slap on, but apart from that, it's brilliant.

I've only had it for a couple of weeks and I've already managed to drop it and hit people with it on stage and it really doesnt feel like its breaking in any kind of hurry. It doesn't lose its tuning at all. I don't think I'd use it without a backup purely because that is unwise with any bass but I'd be more likely to do so with this bass than most others.

The bass was prettymuch perfect straight out the box, only one thing to change and that was the action and thats a matter of personal preferance anyway so it's not really an imperfection.

24 frets, 3 piece maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 2 Ibanez soapbar pickups, master volume, pickup balancer, bass and treble boost/cut.

suggitt
    ive got an ibanez gsr205 and i love it i was thinking about getting a new bass in 2 years time when im a better player and maybe when my band are gigging and i found this one today so i might get it thanks to this review suggitt
    Taikura
    I just tried this one out today at guitar center. I loved it right away. My fingers glide smoothly with control. I can play almost anything on it; R&B, Rock, Contemporary, Metal, even Funk and Jazz. I didn't like slapping on it, but my experience is that I don't like slapping on anything but a bass that is specifically made for that. I think that it's just me. I've heard a lot about how durable it is and the efx, etc... I think I will by this one. BTW I used to only play 4-strings and I'm upgrading.
    matt06dio
    I just bought this bass today and I can't stop playing it. it's so much more comfortable to play than my old bass and it just feels and looks good. It's true what you said about this being a good transfer bass to 5-strings