SR400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR400

As I said I play alot of stuff from punk to death metal to 80's hair metal and thsi bass can handle it all, I have been playing for 6 years and I have a Fender american jazz bass but I usually just keep that around at a show incase I break a string or the tuning of the song changes drastically, this is definitely the kind of you can depend on and it will stand up to just about anything you can put it through.

This bass wil definitely withstand live palying it is a quality made guitar, the hardware is very sturdy and should stand up to normal use, the finish does wear alot around the pick ups but with a coat of wax it looks like brand new, the strap button do come loose ocasionally, I think this is definitely the kind of bass that you could use on a gig without a back up.

The action is not so great straight from the factory but once the strings are lowered it is wonderful, the pickups are adjusted well if you keep the strings at the level that the factory sets them at, the only problem I have had with this bass has been the control knobs coming loose but I have had it for 2 years and that is to be expected with the pounding of taking it to shows and such.

I recently bought an Ibanez sr 400 bass guitar. It's a Korean made guitar 24 frets there are a tone and volume control along with 3 pre-amp controls it is a combination jazz/presicions pick ups with active electornics with 3 band eq maple body with rosewood fret board and pearl dot inlays mad of soft maple.