SR400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR400

Purchased from: Central Music

My style of playing ranges from metal to death metal to soft and classic rock, this bass definately will get a little of everything as well as the right tone for every song. If this were stolen from me I would probably cry and try to find the same one of kill the man who stole it and take it back, if some1 put one scratch on it, I would probably go insane. I love absolutely everything about this bass. My favourite features would be the tone options and the comfortable body and neck making it easier to play. I chose this bass because it was so affordable and simply amazing. I had compaired to several Yamaha and Jackson basses that just didnt come close to this one. I really only wish it had custom inlays like the Ivy On Steve Vai's jem guitars. Great bass, I suggest you buy it.

This guitar would surely withstand live playing in it's toughest form. The hardware is top quality and seems like it will last a life time. The strap buttons are solid as hell and probably wouldn't come loose unless your forced them, as well as any other of the hardware. The finish is very durable and will only be effected if left in the cold for a couple hours causing the hi gloss finish to crack.

The guitar was pretty much in great shape, quality you would get from a custom bass. The pickups were perfectly adjusted and contained no flaws what so ever. Everything seemed to be in order. No static from the pu's, no loose controls. Pefect and mainly comfortable fit and feel, sitting or standing. Great bass, surely underpriced.

- Made in 2000, Japan - Hi gloss light amber finish, slightly transparent - 3pcs SR4 neck - Light mahogany body - Medium frets - Accu-Cast B20 bridge (19mm string spacing) - DX-P neck pu - DX-J bridge pu - EQB-IIIB 3-band EQ - Elixir equipped