SR400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR400

It suits my music style very well. I am part of a band called Spherical (you can see us in the band promo section) and we play mostly classic rock covers. This bass can do it all. I can get a lot of tones out of it. With leaving the EQ on my head at noon all the way around I can get any sound that I want. From a really punchy bass to a really tinny trebbly (if that's a word) sound. However I will note that I is rather noisy on high treble, but what thing isn't.

I dunno if I would get this exact same bass, I would like one witha stained finish I love the look of the wood. However I would definatly get another Ibanez bass. I really can't think of anything that I would whish it had. Beauty, quality, and durability make this into almost a perfect bass.

This guitar is also very durable. I have never had a string pop on me and it goes out of tune only when the pegs get moved. I live in michigan and once left it in a car over night in the winter. I expected the thing to be really out of tune but I was still in perfect tune. However the strap buttons are starten to loosen. This is because the previous owner must have removed them lots of times, and stripped the screw hole. The bass overall is really durable.

I acutually got the guitar used. I guess that it had been played by a pro musican so he had put a lot of time and energy into custom fitting to the way that he wanted it. It just so happens that the way that he likes his action is just about the same way that I like mine. The only flaw that I can see on the bass is on the back there is a partwhere you can see the maple. On the front there is also a large scratch but this only shows up in certain light. But I'm sure that these scratches are just from heavy use before I got it.

I'm not exactly sure where it was made but I'm almost positive that Ibanez is based out of Japan. It has 24 medium frets. It has a maple body, a three piece maple neck with rosewood fretboard, pearl dot inlays, and an accu-cast bridge. It is an exaggerated strat type body. The top horn is longer than a strat and the lower horn in shorter than a start. This makes for really easy access of all of the frets. The bass has active electronics, I believe that they are built with DKG pickups. It has a P-Bass style pickup and a jazz bass style pickup. This bass is really focused on tone. It has one volume knob an overall tone adjuster, then a three band on board EQ with treble, mid and bass. Also the guy that had it before me put on jim dunlop strap-loks which work phenomanally This bass came with a gig bag. Also please note that becuase I got this bass as an upgrade from a Squier P-Bass that I am probably gonna really rave about it.