SR400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR400

One of the best sounding basses I've played, especialy for it's mid ranged price (around 450), has great low it with lots of tone also, picks up notes very well, sounds good even through my small Crate bx10 pratice amp, fits in great with metal that I play, but mess around with the tone knobs and you can dial it into to your sound with the split pickups, great sound for the price.

I've been playing for about half a year, best bass I've owned, best I've played out of friends and such, I play metal and the sound is great for it, good punchy low end, fast neck, great note, has the sound to stand out a bit. I like the classic Ibanez bass shape it has, nice finish and contour, would definatly replace it if it were lost.

This bass is strong and tight, several years old and hardware still feels like new, the finish on the back stays on good. Straps buttons were just regular strap buttons, I replaced my for strap locks but I do that with anything I plan on straping up and play, good reliable bass, no back up needed.

The bass is well balanced and pickups are fitted well, not to high or low. The actions is alittle high for my taste, I'm guessing it's stock, but with the simple bridge design it can easily be adjusted to your taste. The finish is pretty think, holds up very well, several years old and still in great condition.

I think this bass is korean made, mine is an older '90s model, differences between the newer models is they now include passive pickups, and I believe 2 volume knobs and 2 knobs comparted to my older my with a master volume 2 tone and passive system. The bass has a fast SR4 neck, medium frets, 24 of them for all thoose highs, my model has split P/J pickups I don't think the newer ones do, the body is solid, gotoh tuners, great strong finish solid top.

master chief117
    i just got one of these of ebay for cheap, does anyone have an idea on what years they had the passive pickups and only has there knobs, i think its a tone, volume and im not sure about the other one since there is only 3, but it is a sr400, printed on the neck along with serial number
    i have the same one skateswitch the knobs the other one is body/neck pickup.