SR400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR400

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

The sound can be used for rock, metal, blues, etc. but not like jazz or pretty chord bass backup. I play all types on guitar from jazzy to death metal and has bright and rich tone. It sounds good on quality practice and performance amps. I would say it has good sound it you like hard to normal stuff but not soft.

I play every thing so it works out I've been playing roughly off and on six years but started to take it seriously for 3. and I own a guitar, half stack, acoustic guitar, practice amp for guitar and bass, hard cases soft cases cables straps etc. At the time I wanted a bass but I would ask for a guitar knowing the knowledge I have now. If it would be stolen I would be mad because I'm selling it for a new guitar. I like the electronics for it they are clean and I like how easy the action and neck alteration are easily changed. I chose this one because it is a great not too expensive bass. and if I were a bass player I would love it. I wish it had locking tuning keys because all the winding.

This guitar has awesome durabily and it will hold on live playing definely with Live playing. The strap locks I got worked perfectly untill I lost the peices. Yes I would use it at a gig without a backup has murder reliabilty. the finish is also thick and reliable.

It was set up great, good action. the pickups are perfect, the bridge and wood are good. the electrnics were done perfect, no noise and good long lasting bateries never had to change them.

I think mine was made in 2002 and I like it a lot. I bought it when I was into bass which lasted for 3 months which I could barely afford it. It has 24 frets that are meduim width which is rosewood fretboard. the whole thing is solid and I think the neck and body is made of maple. the finish is black. the body stlye is Ibanez design and has deadbolt bridge. It has good controls with 2 volume and 3 tone for each pickup. I enjoy how you can alter the sound.I think my pickups are custom. there's 3 single coils. I got locking tuning keys but I lost the peices. I was suprise how much accesories I got with it. for one the hard case which is very nice, and got a set of strings and a cable and strap. I also found allen keys to fix the action, but I bought it used so that might have been throw ins.

cooltapes09
    I have this bass and I love it! I especially love how it sounds when you play real high up on the neck. I'll make a real review later, but for now I'll just say it's a great bass overall.