SR405QM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR405QM

This bass sounds equally good played with a pick or fingers, although I mostly play with a pick. Right now I'm playing it through my Ampeg BA-115 and it sounds crisp and clean. The only time its noisy at all is when the treble is turned ALL the way up, but thats not really a suprise.

I play metal, and its a pretty good match. I've been playing for about 3 1/2 years and I've got an Ibanez GSR200, and an Ampeg BA-115. If it were stolen, I'd definitely get another. Its just great all around. The only thing that could make it better would be EMG-HZs.

The knobs are on the body solidly, and the strap buttons are very secure. I can definitely depend on this bass and I'd definitely use it at a gig without a backup. The finish seems really durable and looks really good with the quilted top. I've only had this bass for about 2 weeks, but it really does seem built to last.

It was actually set up really well by the factory, and the only thing I had to do was straighten the truss rod by about a half turn. The action couldnt have been better, although the pickups were really high. There werent any flaws in it at all, besides it missing a knob which we had replaced, but it was a floor model so I got $25 off.

The bass has a 5-piece maple/rosewood neck with 24 frets and is an 09' made model. The body is mahogany, with a quilted maple top, in charcoal brown burst, and is a typical Ibanez body shape, but considerably thinned at the edges, which makes it a lot easier for me to play. Its got active elctronics, and has Bass Boost/Cut, Treble Boost/Cut, Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, and a Style Selector knob, which you can blend slap and finger styles together for some really good tones. The pickups are stock Ibanez CAP-EXF N-2 humbuckers which sound really good (even compared to the Bartolini MK1s on the SR505 that I tried before buying the 405).

RockOnIt
    i have the sr400qm, and it has a mid control as well (: just saying aha
    NOMADDRUNK
    ihad this bass for a long time , played it through a Acoustic B600 full stack with two acoustic 410 cabs it was amazing , then switched to a Schecter that was ok and to a esp that I love , but realy miss my 5 string