SR505 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SR505

This bass is something to look for if you're in the market for a good, reliable 5 string. It sits perfectly on your lap and isn't too heavy, so it's easy to play on stage. The only thing I don't like about the bass is the big scale. I'm pretty short and it gets kinda hard to reach all the way to the end of the neck. Overall, though, it's great.

This bass is solid. I've never had to fix or adjust anything except those 2 knobs. I know people ho've played this same model bass for years without a backup (except for four strings and fretlesses). The bass's neck withstands all sorts of temperature and humidity changes with no warping of the neck. It almost never goes out of tune. My only advice would be to bring an extra battery, and tools to tighten the knobs and hardware.

The bass was set up real good. The two pickup knobs were a little loose, but I kust tightened them with an allan key. It has a really smooth action and I've never had any problems with the electronics or anything. The finish had a few small dents and chips, but that is to be expected because it is used.

- Made in Korea - 24 small-medium frets - 5 strings - 38" scale - Solid body - Ebony fretboard with mother-of-pearl dots - Maple neck with matte finish - Stained maple body with clear finish - All active electronics - 4 knobs: volume, bass boost, and 2 double-knobs (tone and presence) for each pickup - 2 Active ADX5 pickups.

boutrosboutros
    The pickups were DX5 in the earlier models of SR505. I happen to own one from 2001, since then they have switched to Bartolini's. But as to how this bass really is. Well its fast to play and versatile as has been said. Only complaint is that the screw holding the strap in place has come loose, and needs to be tightened regularly.
    Cakeman
    The SR505 has bartolinis, abalone inlays, and brown mahogny body. This review can't be for one of those.
    Fleeismyhero
    Own this bass and I got it Brand new from Guitar Center and This thing is soo much easier to pop than a Nice Fender Bass. Sounds better too. It's freaking awesome. Except I got Bartolini mk1's
    Table Salt
    His was used so the person before him must have changed the pickups. IF you look for the new ones they've got Bartolini Mk1's and 5 knobs; 3-Band EQ, Pickup Balancer between Neck and BRidge pup, and a Master Volume knob. Also, isn't the neck Bubinga wood? This is a fantastic bass though, I love mine and I haven't even changed any of the electronics yet.