SRX300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SRX300

Purchased from: Steve's Music - Toronto, Ontario

I've had it for four months now, and I have also been playing for 6, been using my friends base before. Not sure exactly what kind he has, might be a Squier, but he is jealous of mine. If it was run over by a truck, I would not hesitate to buy it again, but if I had won the lottery that same day, I would upgrade all of my equipment. The only thing missing from this bass is the 5th string, and the mid-range scoop, I just hate that stuff.

Ibanez's are famous for the fact that they can withstand a whole lot of damage without a single scratch. I have dropped it while standing up while trying to attach the neck strap (it was my fault! I can't blame the bass). It landed right on the headstock and not a single scratch. I have also bumped the headstock into walls, doors, and desks, and still, there is not one little scratch. A solid piece of hardware, that is very realiable.

Anything that was wrong with the set-up would have been fixed-up in store at Steve's Music before they had sold it to me, so there is nothing wrong, however, the 9V battery needed to be changed a month after purchase.

This is a 2004 Ibanez SRX300 bass guitar, and it is a fine specimen. It's a brasswood body with a rosewood fingerboard. 34" neck with 24 medium frets for all of those extra long scales. It has a beautiful "Moonshadow" body as they like to call it, but it is a silver/blue/grayish look, and it sparkles in the light, perfect for that sexy appeal. It has that typical Ibanez look to it, that no other company has to offer. It has a B100 bridge, which makes it perfect for stringing on the run. You dont need to take anything apart, just slide the ring-end through the little maze, and your set to go. There are two active humbucking pickups with active EQ (obviously). They are Ibanez made, and called EQB-II DX 2-band eq. Beautiful, with a very crisp sound. Controls are Volume, Pickup Selector (for that perfect mix between them both), Bass Boost/Cut and Treble Boost/Cut. No accessories included in this model. The only thing missing: A mid-scoop swtich, I hate mid-range.