SRX350 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SRX350

I bought this bass to play heavy metal but also for a school jazz band. I was trying to choose between this and a Fender MIM Jazz bass, which beat it hands down in clean, warm tones, but in the end chose this because the Jazz bass was significantly more expensive and my parents wouldn't let me spend that much. The moment it was plugged in I knew it would be an AWESOME bass for metal, it has that deep, aggressive growl that most metal bassits love. After I messed around with the EQ, though, I realized that with a proper amp, the cleans on the bass may not be as bad as I first thought it would be. Overall, it's a kickass bass for metal, but lacks a bit when it comes to being versatile, but then for 270 dollars, I don't think you can do much better!

I play heavy metal and I think this is a really good match. I would recommend this bass to any beginner Who wants a bass for a cheap price. I plan on using this for the next few years and I don't think it'll break down. Again, it is worth every penny. The only thing I wished it had was more versatility, but then, again, it was only 270 dollars!

I'm not very sure about the reliability, though, because I've never gigged or played Live with it. I'm positive that it will be able to withstand a decent amount of gigs, though. I've knocked it against the wall a few times by accident, but it took the hit pretty well, and it hasn't broken down on me yet.

The action was set up pretty decently, and pickups were ok too, although I'd prefer the neck pickup to be set up just a little bit higher. The top transparent black finish looked really nice, and again, really made the wood Shine through. As far as I can tell, there were no flaws on the bass, and is surprisingly well constructed and set up for a 270 dollar bass. I did notice a little buzz on the G string though, but this can be fixed easily. The main thing I really liked about this bass, though, was the neck. It's very thin, and has really fast action.

I'm a guitarist Who has decided to learn bass, and bought this as my beginner bass. First of all, I just want to say that it is awesome for it's price, and I think it was worth every penny. It has an Ash body, which is rarely seen on guitars this price, and a slim, fast-action maple neck. The fingerboard is rosewood with plain dot inlays. It has active Ibanez pickups (with exposed poles) which give the bass a growl that I think works perfect for heavy metal. There are 24 frets (medium sized) on a bolt on neck. WIth the controls you get the standard, a volume control, balancer, and one control each for bass and treble EQ-ing. It's finished off with a transparent black finish, which looks really good and lets the beauty of the wood Shine through.

Tabassco
    I've got a SRX 590, the newer model of this one. Really good bass! Definitely a good buy
    guitarguru134
    red_hot_chili18 wrote: 270? sweet![/quote] thats 270 $. in euros it would be like maybe.. just guessing like 240 to 255ish.