SRX500 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SRX500

Purchased from: BrookMays

Over all I would have to say that it is good but only for beginners. If you are experienced, don't waste your money. I have been playing for about a year although I have had the bass for three months. ( I played my friends before I got mine). Really if something happened to it, it would as simple as, "screw it I am getting a Yamaha". But really, it is excellent for the money that was paid. The only reason I got it is because my friend had one and it held up well (plus it was cheap). But she was my first bass and I would not trade her for the world. I would strongly recomend this bass.

I have played this bass at gigs many times and it holds up well through them. It is compltely reliable (when everything is adjusted correctly).

When I got the bass (it was my first) it seemed pretty well set-up(because it was)but as I learned more of basses it seemed less and less great. The pickups were just a wee bit close because wen I struck a string it would buzz. So far it has held up quite well.

masssterb8ssist
    ive had this bass for 4 years now its a really great bass ive had no probs with it really the pickups are in the way for slaping but if your a metal/rock player its a great bass..this bass is more then jsut a started bass i dont know waht some of those guys up thier where taking about...the action is awsome for the price...i payed 500 for this bass brand new..you can get a range of sounds very crunchy or very deep and bassy sound..or both and it sounds something like korn would play with the k5 its a great bass for the price.but i suggest you play it for your self and decide.
    aznremx04
    Eh...I'm getting a lot of buzzing with my strings. I'm pretty sure it's because of the way I stringed it. On the other hand, it was a decent bass when I bought it. I wouldn't say it's the best for funkification, cuz when you pop with it, it doesn't have that metallic kinda of UGH that you'd get with other basses. I'd say that it's main purpose is for accompanying ametal/rock band.
    fongofongo
    Electric Basses are not supposed to sound anything but horrible unless plugged in. If you want something that sounds good unplugged, go acoustic =) Its a really good bass if you're experienced enough to know how to get the right sounds out of it.