TR50 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TR50

Purchased from: Local music shop

For the price, this bass sounds great! It is very punchy and really hits the lows nice! It sounds just like a Precision bass should sound! No complaints here.

Over all, I love this bass. I got a great deal on it. And I would never sell it. Because the truth is. I've played many bass in my time. I have played everything under the sun for the most part. And this bass is one of my favorites thus far. There is just something about it. Ibanez makes great basses for cheap money. No wonder they are in the top two bass manufactures in the world.

This is defiantly a dependable bass! I think this would easy make a great work horse for any bassist. I would use this as my main player. As well as my back up. It's good enough to handle whatever you might throw at it. And it sounds great recorded.

I obviously bought this bass used. The neck is very straight, and very solid. It plays very fast and feels great overall.

As far as I know they stopped making the TR 50's in 1997. - This particular bass was made in Indonesia. - It has 22 jumbo frets, one volume and one tone control, 34" scale, 1-5/8" nut width, maple neck not sure what the body is made out of. - Dark green gloss finish - Body style is a off set mix of both a Precision and Jazz bass - Standard bridge - Passive electronics - One split coil pickup, Ibanez - Traditional Ibanez style machine head tuning knobs