Mondial Classic Semi-Hollow Review

2,836
review (1) pictures (3) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Mondial Classic Semi-Hollow Reviewed by: psychokitty103, on january 25, 2012

Purchased from: Evelution Music Online Store

Features: - Body: Agthis / Acusti-Glass Top - Neck: Hard Maple - Finger Board: Rosewood - Joint: Bolt on-neck - Scale / Fret: 864mm(34") scale / 22f - Nut: Graphite - Nut Width: 43mm(1.6875") - Head Machine: Italia Die-Cast - Bridge: Wooden Piezo Bridge - Stop Bar: Italia Trapez - Pick Up: Neck: Wilkinson 'ABR' Humbucker - Pot: 1Volume+1Tone+1PiezoVoume+2 EQ - Pick Guard: 3ply Black or White - Jack: 2 input jack for magnet and piezo - Hardware: Chrome // 3

Sound: It never worked. I couldn't tell you what it sounded like. Apparently I have to type at least 300 and something characters in each review section for this to be sent so you will see some repetitive periods just so I can get this review out there to warn others. // 1

Action, Fit & Finish: What can I say. This is not going to be a good review for this bass. I was extremely excited to try out this really classic old school looking bass. I looked up the brand and read some reviews and they all seemed to be legit. Then the package arrived and what a disappointment. I tried to tune the strings (GHS bass strings) and they broke. They weren't even tight yet and they just snapped. Uh oh, is this the beginning of the end? Um, yes. I took the bass and started inspecting. There is a rubber seal in between the front body and back body. The seal didn't reach all the way around as it should so it was pealing off! You could see crusts of glue and everything. The tuners on the head stock were extremely loose (they rattled if you touched them. But here's the worst part kids, when I plugged it into my amp... Nothing. The thing didn't even work. I switched out the battery in the back (which was a bitch to remove and put back in)and still nothing. I took pictures of this HOT mess and sent it to the place I had purchased it from to let them know my experience and that I would be returning it and would like a full refund. My $250 Peavey Millennium Bass was built 10 times better than this crap. Now the place that I purchased this bass from (Elevation Music) was awesome. Great customer service, responded back quickly with any information I needed and very apologetic. I would defiantly do business with them again. This was a case of a poorly made product. Now maybe I just happened to get the lemon of the bunch and maybe others have had better experiences. But, if this is the first time I try your product and the very first one I get is crap, then I won't be buying anymore. Lesson learned. I'm going to be getting a Fender Standard Jazz. You can't go wrong with Fender. // 1

Reliability & Durability: See review. // 1