C20 Concert Bass Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 03/18/2006 category: Bass Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Jackson: C20 Concert Bass
This bass has 24 jumbo frets. Bolt-on rock maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.
 8.9
 8.8
 3,698
review (1) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
C20 Concert Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 18, 2006

Features: I love this bass because the body is small and the neck is long. This one has 24 jumbo frets. Bolt-on rock maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. This bass has an Indian cedro body and mine came with a satin black finish. With is two passive pick-up (bridge pickup Jackson JB100J, middle pickup Jackson JN100P) you have three control knobs (chrome). Tone, main volume, pickup volume. Die-Cast Mini tuners, RBB10 adjustable 4-saddle. // 9

Sound: I play rock song but a lot of punk rock music and this bass suit extremely well. I'm using a sweet kick-ass Fender Rumble 100 and this bass isn't noisy at all. You can make a lot of sound with these two pickup and the tone control. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: At Musiplexe, they always make a check-up before selling any product. The nut is clean but my controls sometime make a little noise sound when I turn them, but I can repair them for 5$. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can defenitivly use this bass for a gig (what I'll do in the next few month). This bass rock and it is extremely solid as the strap button are. I can depend on it and gig only with this bass. If you are careless like me with the satin finish, you will end up with some scratches but I don't really care because I have some stickers on it. // 7

Overall Impression: Rock music and the C20 Concert Bass is the perfect match. This bass is design for rock music (Jackson). I'm playing bass for a year now. Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product? Yes, does this bass exist with active pickup? I can't really tell if I'll buy the same bass if it were stolen or lost. I will probably try a musicman before. What I love is the super rocky design and I don't hate anything of this bass. I've tried a Fender Standard PBass and this one. // 9

Comments