TB75 review by Laguna Ocean

Laguna Ocean: TB75

Before I bought it, I tried it with the Mark Bass 4x10 setup that I'm hoping to get soon. And it sounded heavenly. I just recently started playing bass, so I don't have my own amp, but my friend is letting me borrow his Garner bass amp. I believe it has 1 12" speaker. The tubes are old, and probably need replacing, so I know I'm not getting the sound I could out of this bass. This bass offers a ton of variety. Using a decent amp like the 4x10 setup I chose, I think this bass could be used for just about any style. It has amazing tone, and I didn't notice any noise. It's extremely easy to go from a very bright sound to a more boomy, bassy sound.

This bass was hands down the best bass I played while looking for a new bass. And I tried a lot. I tried Ernie Ball Musicman basses, the Fender Precision Jazz, the Schecter Stiletto, Ibanez, Warwick, and tons more. The Laguna Ocean TB75 was by far my favorite. I generally play metal and hard rock, but I've dabbled in a little jazz, punk, ska, and a couple other genres. This bass works great for all of them. Awesome tone, good action, solid construction, and great balance. Plus it's pretty. It was like finding a gold nugget in a giant pile of rocks.

An extremely solid construction make this bass seems like it could take a serious beating, and still play phenomenally. I would take this bass on a state-wide tour with no backup without thinking twice. It feels a little delicate when wearing it with a strap, but this is only because it is balanced exceptionally well. It feels lighter then, than when you pick it up from the case, or rack, or wherever you'd keep it. This also makes it very comfortable; it almost doesn't matter what strap you have. Also, this puts even stress on the strap buttons, so they will last.

I haven't changed anything on this bass since I got it, and I don't think I will anytime soon. It was set up near perfect at the factory (I know that part was quite a bit subjective). Very nice action, good pickups; I played it every time I visited Guitar Center and since then, I haven't noticed any flaws in quality of assembly, or sound. Very nice natural wood finish. There's also another sort of dark teal/charcoal finish, still with visible natural wood grain. Both are very nice.

I just recently picked up the Ocean TB75 bass. That's the 5 string model; the 4 string is the TB70. Both are made by Laguna. I don't have too much info as to when and where it came from, but it is beastly. It has a neck-thru construction, with a maple body and 5 piece neck, rosewood fingerboard, 24 large frets, Bartolini MK1-5/F neck & MK1-5/R bridge pickups, and Bartolini MK-1 EQ, pickup blend, and passive/active Switch. It's got Hipshot licensed tuners and PT Platinum hardware. It's all excellently assembled to form a high quality, bang-for-your-buck (in my opinion) electric bass.

GunLeatherGuy
    I agree...its a solid studio quality bass. I have the blued version they made last year...great color with real abalone/mop inlays on the headstock. Its the same one you see in GC but has some nicer touches here and there. The hardware is perfect and so is playing it. I bought mine used for around 450.00$..give or take. They are made by Cort for Laguna under the Ocean name..and rival any bass under 1500$ in quality, tone, ease of play and hardware. God bless