Variax 705 Bass review by Line 6

Line 6: Variax 705 Bass

Well. It will suit everyone's playing style. If it don't then all you have to do is fiddle with the swithes and soon, after about 10 minutes you will find your true sound, and you can save it. But sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes, it took my friend about 3 days to get his sound truly sorted, but it took me 5 minutes, so, just depends what kind of sound you're looking for.

You could do any kind of music with it and it would sound good. Yes you would have to tune annd get the corrct sound for what you want to play, but other than that, it perfect. But as I said, I do not like 5 strings as much. To be honest though, I don't like this bass much aqs it is, I don't like the colour, and the action is, well, I don't like it that much, but thats me. Lots of other people might love the sunburst colour, but personaly, I hate it.

The reliability is great. This bass will stand live play. All the hardware seems like it will last and the strap buttons are solid, apart from my strap kept on coming off of the buttons. The finish is perfect, you could not ask for a better finish. Honesstly, the reliabily is good, very good.

The bass action is the best I've used. The whole action was great. I cannot see any flaws with it at this moment, but if I start using it for gigs (which is not likly because I can't play any 5 string songs) it would soon get damaged like any other intrument. I have just found a flaw with it, the string broke really easily, bottom string broke easily.

Very nice bass guitar. I much rather a 4 string bass because I find them simpler to use, and alot of my fav bands have four string. But still this bass is very good. Made in 2004 I think. Laminated top. Mahogany neck. Satin finish. Active electronics. What controls are given are the volume, bass, pickup manoeuvre, string change and bass sound chang. There nearly everything in it. There are no pickups so if you put your thumb on the pickup your going to have to change to like steve harris' bass technique.

alex787
    u probs think i am stupid 4 asking this but where r the pick ups?
    jammin
    alex787 wrote: u probs think i am stupid 4 asking this but where r the pick ups?
    They're built into the bridge. They send a digital signal to the onboard processing inside the bass.
    Welsh Guitar
    no do;t take that as an insult, but im suprised that a 13 year old bassist has one of these heh
    Eruera
    What I don't understand is how the 5th string means you can't play songs originally played on a 4, you still have the 4 normal strings right?? I have a 5 string and i still play songs that don't require it.
    bass_emagdnim
    rockstar_jones wrote: in "action, fit and finish" you say the action is the best you've ever used, and in the "impression" you say that you dont like it that much. HUH? :S
    Yea that one kinda confused me.
    rockstar_jones
    rockstar_jones
    oh sorry to add another but u also said there was no flaws then later you say you just found one, why not edit the "i cannot see any flaws with it" is it just me or are you a little two sided :S sorry if i'm way off
    Fendersk8er9122
    is there a school anywhere near where you live, because you really can't spell, it's not even funny...okay that's not a lie, but let's just say you suck at english