Andromeda Dragon Review

manufacturer: Luna date: 03/10/2011 category: Bass Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Luna: Andromeda Dragon
 7.7
 8.4
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Andromeda Dragon Reviewed by: roaddawg07, on march 10, 2011

Purchased from: local store used

Features: I believe this bass was made in2007 or 2008. It has a 24 fret maple neck with a rosewood fret board. It has a sculpted basswood body. A black high gloss finish with abalone dragon inlay. Which looks really cool and is what caught my eye in the first place. It has a monolithic bridge that can be top fed or string through, It has active electronics with a master volume, pick up blend knob, high boost/cut, low boost/cut. It has jazz pick up in the neck position and a MM pick up in the bridge position. Non locking tuners not sure what brand all the hardware is brushed nickel and seems durable. // 9

Sound: I play mostly classic hard rock and 80's metal with a little blues.I can get a variety of tones out of this bass, although it seems alittle weak for being active and is a little muddy, but can be cleaned with the eq on my amp pretty well. I play through a Peavey Tour 450 head and 410/115 cabs.I use a Berringer bass overdrive and a Bootsy Collins wah. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: As I said earlier I bought this used it was set up pretty well a minor neck adjustment was all it needed. It seems very solid. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used this bass for many practices and a couple gigs and have had no problems. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is a very nice bass. (although if I had to pay full price new $650 I probably would not have bought it)This is a very easy and comfortable bas to play and only weighs 7 lbs. The neck on this bass is great very slim and the lowest action I've seen on a bass. I will likely up grade the pick ups, not sure to what yet. If it were lost or stolen I would try to find another. (I think they have discontinued the Dragon and Pheonix. I'd give it a 8.5 // 8

More Luna reviews rating category latest review
+ Andromeda Phoenix 4.2 Bass Guitars 01/28/2013