Creekside MCAB-500 review by Morgan Monroe

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Morgan Monroe: Creekside MCAB-500

Purchased from: Adirondack Guitar

I don't like the strings it came with. I ordered some Elixir 14502 Light Long Scale NanoWeb Acoustic Bass Strings (45-130), can't wait. Needs a lute hole cover plugged-in, lots of feedback. The pre-amp is ok, and the built in tuner comes in handy. I can use it even if not plugged in.

For what I use it for, it works. I love the finish, the pre-amp, tuner and overall feel. Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product? No. If it were stolen / lost, would you buy it again or get something else? Definitely yes. Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? To a Takamine.

Overall I like the bass, even though it failed some quality control issues. I would definately recommend as a 2nd or 3rd bass, or 1st acoustic. I wish it had a 2nd strap button. The choice of woods use seem to be a great choice, that will last a long time.

Beautiful wood finish, no flaws. The bass was not setup properly to my liking. The action needs to be lowered in my taste. The factory battery was DOA. Also having an issue with amp-in port, wiring may be loose. I would hate to have to send it back so soon. May just get it fixed locally. It comes with a 100 year warranty.

Left Handed Morgan Monroe Creekside MCAB-500 Acoustic Electric Bass Series: Creekside Style: Acoustic/Electric Bass Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Back: Mahogany Sides: Mahogany Fingerboard: Rosewood Bridge: Rosewood Nut: Bone Keys: Sealed Die-Cast Frets: Stainless Steel Pickup System: Fishman 4 Strings: Daddario Includes Deluxe Gigbag

merco19
    I have one of these, I've played it live twice a week for 6 months now. I never tried to change the strings (the ones it came with sounded unexpectedly great and looked quite new, was there was no need) until now. I'm trying to change the strings, but the wooden pegs seem less than practical, I haven't been able to remove them! Please help! Has anyone changed strings yet? And how did you do it?
    merco19
    Has anyone been able to change the strings without damaging the wooden pegs? I can't even pull/push them out. Please help! Has anyone found a way?