MM3 review by OLP

OLP: MM3

This can play anything and everything you throw at it. Funk sounds crazy on this thing. I do however play metal currently and the low end is clear and boomy. This would suit any style because of its versatility. It is great through my Crate BT25 or my stage setup (Behringer BX4500H and 2 homemade 2x10 cabs). There is no buzz or feedback watsoever.

This bass is a great any music bass. Is is especially good with metal. It was much better than the TA-500 that I had. I also own a crappy Rouge BX-100 as a travel bass. If someone stole it, I would go postal on everything in sight utill it came up. It is that good of a bass. I love the bass overall but I think that it needs a thumb rest because it sucks to have to play floating hand all the time.

This could problably take a bullet and keep on playing like new. Solidbody is an understatement as it is dense, but also not that heavy. The neck is attached well and doesn't move. The strap buttons are in there good and are some of the largest that I have ever seen. The natural finish is nice, and the top coat won't wear off anytime soon.

I'm not so sure how the action and pickups were setup out of the factory because when I got it the bass it had the bridge and pickups replaced. I assume they were fine but I wouldn't be able to tell you. The only problem that I found was that near the pickup, I was able to press it in and there was an empty space and it seemed a tad flimsy. I'm not so sure if it's just me or all of them.

This is an amazing bass for what I got it for. It was more expensive then it would be on Musicain's Friend or any other site like that but mine has a Kahler 5 String Bass Tremolo and Seymour Duncan Basslines 5 String Music Man pickup. The stock bridge and pickups are o.k. but I would definately try to upgrade them if you are going to be using this bass for serious shows. I'm not so sure what year it is but most likely 2005-06. It comes in a flamed maple top and basswood body with the Trans Red or Honey Burst but the natural finish is elm. The neck is a maple fretboard with black dot inlays and 21 jumbo frets on a 34" scale. It is a passive system with 2 volume controls and a tone control. If you hadent guessed it by now the pickups are Music Man style. The one I got had a hardshell case with it.

music_freeke
    great review man i own this bass and it goes with everything that i do anywhere from blues, metal, rock and everything else it just sounds great with
    hadesdaman
    I'm getting this bass tomorrow! I played it in a guitar shop near where I live, and the funk sound really is amazing, which is what I've been needing for ages. Will review when I've had it a while, methinks.