TB4 Review

manufacturer: OLP date: 05/18/2011 category: Bass Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

OLP: TB4
 6.8
 5.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
TB4 Reviewed by: somekid413, on may 18, 2011

Purchased from: Craigslist

Features: Figured I would throw up this review because there's just not a whole lot of info on this model. Its a P/J design with the Jazz pickup at the bridge and a split one at the neck. 3 knobs in what I believe is a jazz bass configuration (1 neck vol, 1 bridge vol, and 1 blend). A pretty cool looking mirrored flame graphic. The 2 best parts of this bass I thought were the weight, and neck. The neck plays really nice, I preferred it to my Squire Jazz. It also weighs about half as much. // 8

Sound: Not bad sound for what it is. I am not a bassist. I got this off of craigslist for my bassist but took some time to fiddle with it. It has a pretty decent sound, quite full with a nice range> I found it a little noisy, especially when messing with the pots, upon opening the back it is clear they are pretty cheap pots. Replacing them may help. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action It came in was piss poor, but after a little neck adjustment here, a little bridge adjustment there, I got it to a really low action with no buzzing. I like it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: the guitar seems pretty solidly built. I would expect it to withstand a lot. My bassist destroys equipment (very sad for me who treats everything like gold) and this bass has lasted him without issue for a couple months after coming from a chick who clearly did not take care of it. // 8

Overall Impression: Seems like a solid entry level bass. I really liked the lightweight body. It seems like an excellent platform to slap some better electronics in and have a decent gigable bass. // 8

Comments