Magnum I review by Ovation

Ovation: Magnum I

The bass sounds great, it can be used for all types of music but best for the classics, I used the bass with a Fender practice amp. Sorry the amp was abused so I couldn't tell what amp model was.

I play Weezer, blink, etc. and this bass suits me fine. Sadly I've been playing for only 7 months but I love this bass' sound. I just hate the bridge cause it's so hard to change the strings and the plate which is fragile like paper, but it's awsome besides that. If this guitar was stolen I would stalk down the theif and then murder/kill/shoot/stab/pistol whip/etc. the person who stole my bass. Hope you enjoyed!

My brother played this live many times 10-5 years ago, and my friend played this live once and it still is in awsome condition besides the plate near the buttons. This bass will last a long time, but the paint on the bridge, and the plate will probably come off, but I can get a new one.

The bass was set up awsome at the factory but the area around the buttons is fragile, but that dosn't effect playing much. The neck's design sorta popped out, and the plate near the buttons is broken, but the tuning pegs hold the strings great. So I became a little disapointed.

Well this is my first review so I might kinda sound cheezy but just bear with me. My Ovation Magnum was made in 1979 and it has 21 Fat Frets (I think). The neck and body is made of Mahogany. It has a special round bridge but it's kinda gay. This bass also needs two 9 volt batteries which is also gay. But this bass has a big ass humbucking pickup which makes it sound great, so I give it a 8.

hoobariffer87
    It has a special round bridge but it's kinda . This bass also needs two 9 volt batteries which is also .
    Um... the size and shape of the bridge is a good thing, because it improves resonance and sustatin. And the 9-volt batteries means it has an active pickup and EQ; also a very good thing. Not % ."
    smb
    It's nearly thirty years old - how can you live with yourself playing Blink on it? It's not gonna be in perfect condition either. I'd really love one of these. Great pickup, and great looks.
    blink-182.5
    I can't get a new bass sadly...