Grind 5 BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Grind 5 BXP

I play varied styles of music, so the variation in sound is wonderful. I've been playing for a year and a half and trust Peavey basses the best (the necks are wonderful) I also have an Axcelerator which I favor as far as performing goes, it's more durable and has a nice pickguard. I like Peavey better if their guitars are US-made, but that's the worst I have to say about it. It's a good guitar, just not the best one by this company.

Action and playability, again, is awesome, but how it's set up is not so great. First off, the pickups are set somewhat low for my taste. Second, during the restringing process, five pieces fall off. If you buy this instrument, you might want to make sure the nut stays on (glue may work, but be careful) the other peices that fall off are each of the bridge-props, the part that hold the string just sits in a trough, personally, I like the older bridge-style better. Other than that, this instrument is relatively durable.

This all neck-though bass resonates like a tuning fork! Get the rich bottom end you deserve with this natural neck-through-body bass crafted from mahogany, maple and Imbuya side wings. A unique "scooped out" area in the lower wing doubles the distance between the strings and the body making it much easier for slap style playing or high-fret access. For a fraction of what you would spend on an instrument of this caliber, it wins hands down. - 35" scale - 24 frets - Passive humbucking pickups - Mahogany neck with maple stringers - Imbuya wings - Neck-through-body design - Scalloped bottom horn - Case not included.

lose311
    I've got one of these as my backup bass (and my only 5-string), and while it looks great, and sounds pretty good, there are two major problems- the frets are not dressed very well and stick out pretty noticeably above the 9th fret or so, and there are a couple dead spots where I get fret buzz/dead notes no matter how I adjust the action. I suspect the frets need to be leveled, as truss rod/action adjustments aren't fixing it. So if you want to get one of these, play it first and check every note on every string to make sure you don't have any dead spots. It it plays well, it's a nice bass, it just seems the quality control isn't 100%.
    Bassmaster2010
    Ok the little peices you are talking about that are on the bridge are called saddles, and they have a set screw on them to lock them in place. I discovered this the other day when I was taking the strings off to clean it.
    Love it.. this was my second bass to own and i have had no problems with it whatsoever and i love the sound.. it has a really good clean sound.. 10/10 (:
    fbbshnik
    Neck pickup makes quite interesting sound (while bridge one, in my opinion, is somewhat boring), with lots of harmonics.
    isaac4
    amazing bass and the price you cant beat it very good action and just all around 10/10 on the sound not to mention it looks badass