Milestone 3 review by Peavey

Peavey: Milestone 3

Purchased from: guitar and drum centre (cambridge)

I play plenty of different genres of music, mainly funk, but punk, rock, ska, blues etc. The bass sounds great in all the different genres of music, and techniques I use. I also own an Ibanez BTB406 six string bass, Behringer 1, 200 watt Bass Cabinet with Behringer V-AMP Pro, and Gibson Les Pool, Gretsch semi-acoustic and a Fender Stack for the guitars. If it was stolen, I would go and buy a Milestone 3 again, if I hafd the need for another four string bass, though I would get buy with my six string. I love the rich, deep, solid sounds and feelings that come from playing the bass, you can use any technique possible on it at an experianced level, and it would sound great, and feel comfortable. the only thing I hate aout this bass is the fact that there are no 5 or 6 strings of the same style and make availiable. I have compared it to most Fenders, Musicmans, Gibsons, Ibanez four strings, and a Conklin four string, and no otrher bass feels as great as this one, it is the best four string you can get.

The bass has survived 3 years with me, and has taken me from absolute beginner to an experianced player, and has played many live gigs with me, about 50-60 in all, and has never once failed me. I have strap locks installed but only because I still have the original strap in place, and is wearing, but apart from that, there are no noted problems. the finish is life-time guaranteed as far as my one goes.

The action on the bass has never been adjusted by myself, being perfect for my suited playing style, but some people at the factory cocked up with the electronics, and did poor soldering jobs, leaduing to it messing up once, but being easily fixable. Apart from the original electronics on the bass, ebverything else has been perfect, never producing any faults at all.

Have no idea when it was made, but must be pretty recent, the bass has a medium number of frets (20) which is ideal for beginner bass guitarists. The body is made of a wood but I unno whic one, but the neck is rose wood/maple, and has a laminated finish on the sunburst body, and the neck is pretty. The body style seems to be quite a mix on this bass, with Telecaster/Strat/Music Man Scratch Board, and a cool body. There are three controls on it, volume, tone, and tap. It holds its tune extremely well, still after the 3 or so years I have had it. It came with lead, and gig bag and strap.