Milestone 3 review by Peavey

Peavey: Milestone 3

Price paid: C$ 200

Purchased from: not sure

I have an interesting bass style. I play lots of music but mainly borrow my bass styling from being a guitarist and just really runing scales and octaves all over the places. For anything I play though the bass sounds great however I do use a P-Bass for some songs where the tone is more suited, especialy because it sounds more even when switching strigns where as the single coils give an extream from string to string in tone variance. It's warm sounding though and has this sound if you can find the right amp and settings that I just love, but you can make it sound many different ways, however you want it to sound it'll at least come close to that. I prefer it smooth and deep but when I started playing I had it sound very rough and vulger.

I play anything from slap bass to death metal stuff and it handles it well I've been playing bass for about 2 years and guitar for about 5. I got it as a gift and I really did luck out there. If she was stolen, I'd probably buy a Fender Jazz just for the name but I would be heartbroken to part with this beauty. I don't really have any hate for this bass, I do really like it, I've compared it to other basses I've played and in some cases prefer the sound of a P-Bass but I love this ones sound more then anything out there.

I haven't played any shows with this yet but I record with it all the time, it can take a beating for sure and is well made. I think it will last quite a while. I defenitly would use this at a gig. I plan on it actualy the only other bass I'm going to get is a new Fender P-Bass because mine just doesn't sound as clear

This bass was set up perfectly from the factory and the action on it is amazing. The slimer, almost smaller neck just works so well for me, you can play very fast on this bass and very hard, it's perfect for slap bass, picking or finger picking. I also find that the strings don't tend to rattle as much as most basses. The finish is fine, the black and white is plain but a classic, hence the reason why mines got writing and stickers which made it look a lot cooler.

I assume this bass is of a maple or Ash body because it feels very much like a jazz bass copy, yet not at all. 20 frets in all on a rosewood fingerboard/maple neck. The neck is nice and slim. I play a lot of crazy stuff, I have songs that literaly after I play them I start shaking my wrist wildly cursing and if I didn't have thsi bass I'd probably have a broken wrist by now. The body is furmiliar being stratish styled, but the long uper arm is really cool looking and gives the bass outstanding weight balence. Two single coils for your pickups with thier own volume knobs and a tone knob. The bridge is just a standard bridge, nothing special about any of the hardware actualy. Mine is the black finish with white pickgaurd which I wrote all over and put stickers on giving it my own look.

TONE DEFFMAN
    Quit your petty squabbling and salute the mighty yet humble Peavey 3 . A true classic. good reviews guys coz of you I got one.
    damian745
    does anybody know if this is a particulary heavy bass because my current bass weighs about a ton