Milestone IV review by Peavey

Peavey: Milestone IV

My music style is pretty much every form of rock, I play RATM, Nirvana, Godsmack, Metallica, Rammstein, SOAD, and a bunch of deathmetal. It can handle all of those, even on my small amp it sounds good, but when I use my 150 watt Peavey it just has crazy bass boom, and ive used it on some of my friends larger bass amps and it always holds its own. I used it with my Washburn Bad Dog 30 watt this summer at my cottage, but now that I'm home, I'm using my Peavey TNT 150, sounds great on both. I use an MXR bass octave pedal and a DigiTech BP 50 bass processor, it sounds great with the octave on my large amp but with my small amp, the little amp can't put out the octave lower, and it sounds much like a wet fart. When using distortion it has a nice crunch in my opinion, just depending on what distortion setting I use. It isn't noisy at all, its really clean sounding and clear, the bass is booming and the highs a re nice and bright, not amazing sound compared to more expensive basses but all-in-all a good tone. Its variety of sound in my opinion is totally limited to what your amp can do, my small amp can't do heavy heavy tones but my large amp can, and I've tried on my friends crappy amps and it sounds crappy, soo if you have a good amp it sounds good,if not it doesn't.

Like I said I play all forms of rock, and it suits it great. I've been playing for 2 years and I play a Peavey TNT 150 amp, Washburn Bad Dog 30, and I run DigiTech BP 50 effects and an MXR octave effect through my amps. I can't think of anything I should have asked before buying it. I wouldn't bother buying anoter Peavey if this one gets stolen, I'll just upgrade to a higher quality bass, which I am planning on soon. I absolutely love the neck profile on this bass, the string it had when I got it. I don't really hate anything, I find it to be an all in all good bass, I didn't really compare it to anything else, I had no knowledge about guitars when I got it either than I wanted one. I do wish it had active Pups but I doubt I could get one for the anything like I paid for this bass.

This guitar has withstood around a full 6 hours straight of playing with nothing going wrong shortly after though the wires on my volume pot started to need re-soldering, but that could of been something taht happened while I was playing when it happened. The hardware is pretty good, I just need to super glue the G string tuning knob handle type thing (whatever it's called the thing in the shape of a clubs in a deck of cards), the guitar fell over and it smacked the ground. The strap buttons worked well but I'm a really tentative person and bought new ones. I depend on this guitar well, mostly because after every long playing bender I go on I check over everything and fix anything that may go wrong. The finish seems well, I play for 2-5 hours a day and there aren't any wear marks anywhere other than where my belt and belt buckle rub it (I wear a spike studded belt and a skull and crossbones buckle, which may be what causes it to wear).

At the factory I have no idea, my Dad bought me it and gave it to his friend whos been playing for 30+ years and he set it all up, intonation, action ect. The pickups once again were adjusted so I can't be sure. The guitars only flaws are what have happened over the 2 years I've had it, just basic wear and tear from playing at friends houses and in garages ect.

I'm not really sure what year it was made in, but I do know it's an asian made guitar. It's boasting a nice 20 fret rosewood fretboard and maple neck with white dot inlays. The neck is really thin and I absolutely love the neck. The neck to me feels similar to a Fender jazz bass. The body is really durable, it's been smacked off multiple objects from tables to chairs to falling down and smacking the ground. The neck is your basic bolt-on, but it still gives good tone. The body is like a strat with an elongated top fin. It has a tele style bridge with which I've been able to adjust to get the absolute perfect action on this bass, if I were to lower it any lower it would buz the frets like crazy. It came with basic open coil Peavey hums, I took those out and put select EMG passives in it, gave the tune a great sound, just beautiful in my opinion. it's finish is gloss black laquer and it holds up to dings great, just as long as you don't hit it off a sharp corner/object. It has one volume pot and one tone pot. it's tuners are just generic peaveys, they hold standard EADG tuning well but not so much when dropped to FCGC.

gwath42
    This is my bass. It plays pretty well, but after 2 years, I think its time for an upgrade.
    blue.tongue
    AMAZING! JUST BUY THIS BASS, SOUNDS SO NICE, CLEAR AND BRIGHT, THE MICS ARE GREAT AND IT'S JUST SUPER RELIABLE! BUY IT! 100% SURE!