Millennium 4 BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 4 BXP

I play rock, so this bass is really good and suits the style that I play, but that's not all. The Millenium 4-string BXP will suit pretty much any style of music and will appeal to a wide range of musicians. I use a Roland 100watt cube amp with this bass. When the two are together the sound is amazing, and because the amp has so many different setting, the bass can be all different sounds too, and doesnt't have any problem at all. The base gives an excellent sustained sound due to the string-thru-body feature. The Millenium 4-string BXP is noted for it's excellent sound and I agree that it's realy good quality for the price.

As I said I play rock, and the 4-string BXP suits this really well as it does any style of music. I have been playing for 4 years now, and I have had this bass for a good few months, I am really impressed with it and I am sure it will last me a long time. If it were stolen I would be mortified, but I would almost definately buy it again for the value and the quality of the price. I love the quality of the finish of the body, and the sound it makes. It can come untuned very easily, but I found that this was the bag I had. When I was buying it I had the choice of the Peavey or another brand (I can't remember) which had active pickups, this basicall meant it had more of a punch. The only thing was the other one was around 300 and had nowhere near the quality of the Peavey, so I chose this one. The guitar is amazing value and quality, and even if you are not an experienced bass player it is still really good.

The reliability of the 4-string BXP is really quite amazing. I have played it Live and there were no problems at all, in my opinion it is suited to live playing. The hardware is also really good for the price range and is very durable. There isnt any trouble with the strap buttons either, the are really solid and will last for ages. This guitar is probably one of the best basses for playing and will last for a very long time. It is really good for gigging and playing Live. I trust it a lot. The finish is of high quality and will definately last for a long time. Again it is a really good guitar for the price.

From the moment I unpacked this guitar there have been no problems whatsoever. It is basically as perfct as they could have got it. The only thing was that as you get higher up the fretboard the frets become slightly harder to reach due to the design of the body, but this isnt much of a problem and you can easily get round it.

I got this bass for an excellent price. Its maple neck and rosewood fretboard give it a really good effect, adding to the sunburst body design. The thin handle makes it easy to play, and with 21 frets, this is a very good idea. There are 4 possible finishes, all looking really stunning. I got the black style which looks really good because it seems to change colour depending on the light and where you look at it from. So far it has looked black, brown, purple, blue, and red. Cool eh? It also has a string-thru-body design which really is good for the price of the guitar, and it enhances the already amazing sound. Similar to the Millenium BXP 5 it has two tone and 1 volume control on it. The Millenium 4-string BXP also has two J-style, hum-canceling pickups. This is really good.

peavey_bass
    i have this bass! it is quite sexy, i must say. just one thing, your review says 2 tones and one volume. that is wrong. these basses have a mater tone and a volume for each pick-up
    altanunsal
    this guitar has a sexier sister, and it is the Millenium 4 AC BXP, with 2 humbuckers...