Millennium 4 BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 4 BXP

This bass does not have versatile tone controls. It sounds alright, but is decently noisy. It has a vast tonal range, but limited tone variation. I use an Ampeg B2-RE bass amplifier head with the cab section of a Peavey TKO 115. I had to make some circuitry modifications for it to sound a little better. The sound doesn't exactly stand out without hard work.

I play jazz, progressive rock, metal, rock, pop, and more. This can work well with some adjustments to my amplifier's EQ section. I have been playing for six years. I own an Ampeg B2-RE bass head, dbx 160a compressor, and Peavey TKO 115. This bass survives the rigor of playing hard. It could sound a lot better, but this bass is dirt cheap for its quality.

This bass will certainly be suitable for Live playing because it can simply take the abuse. The hardware does last. The strap button screw came out one time, but I used a larger screw and it's been fine since. I have used this bass at gigs with no backup. The finish is very durable, I have scratched it and dinged it, but it still looks good.

The action is decent, but it's not too easy to tap on. The pickups were at a great height. Everything was solid on this bass. To this day nothing has rusted or broken. I have had this bass over 3-4 years. The nut, saddles, bridge and tuners are all solid. The potentiometers had to be changed; thought this is normal after a few years the wiper wears down the phenolic wafer.

This bass was constructed in China. Rosewood fretboard, 21 frets, 34" scale. Solid Top, hard rock maple neck, and basswood body. Quilted top. String-thru body bridge, passive electronics, volume, and 2 tone controls. A neck and bridge jazz pickup. Solid tuners.

mosh_face
    that is a misconception fools, i own this bass, it IS sexy... also it really does that colour change thing, purple, brown, black, gray, its kickass and the sound is beautiful with ernie ball slinkies, its like god pissing in your earholes