Millennium 4 BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 4 BXP

I play mainly classic rock and classic metal. When I'm not playing either of those I'm playing some soft rock or new rock and jazz. This bass exceeds any expectations I have for these styles and so many more. I have this bass ran through a DigiTech BP200 and then on to a Gallien-Krueger Backline 600 with a Backline 4x10 speaker cab. Even through these lower end amps and effects it is a very quiet bass. I can sit in front of a computer and my amp and only get minimal buzzing. The sound is very full and has a lot of lows and mids. The highs are lacking some but can be made up for with almost any amp. The best styles of music to play on this bass are rock, jazz, and any other smooth or really heavy bassline. When you get into slaping basslines it gan get a little muddy at times because of the action and open pickups making clicking noises.

For me playing rock music this bass matches perfectly. I have been playign for about a year now so I am still fairly new to all this but I know one thing, and that is that this bass rocks in every way. At the time I purchased this bass there wasn't any other bass I wanted. If this bass ever has anything happen to it or it gets stolen I wouldn't think twice about getting another one. There are no complaints frome about this bass. It is light and easy to play also.

I have only played one Live show with the bass but it handled it well. I plan to play many more shows with this bass too. I doubt I will have a backup bass for these either. I have dropped it, and it has been knocked off the stand by my brother, and my guitarist has hit it with the neck of his guitar all without showing any signs of it. The strap buttons are held on very well and they are fairly big so they will hold on to your strap easliy without the worry of it falling. The finish is beautiful and it is very thick. I have dropped stuff on it that would have scratched any other bass, but not this one.

When I got this bass the action was awesome. I have never had this bass set up and it plays like a dream. At factory settings the pickups are a little high and if you play hard at all the E string will hit the poles. You can turn the pickup adjuster screws a couple times and fix that problem though. The neck joint is very tight and holds the neck very well but the routing has one bad spot in it where it stops being perfectly straight for about an inch, but other than that it is great also. All the cocntrols on this bass were flawless and tight. There was one spot in the paint but I'm pretty sure that was from someone that had played it before.

This bass was made in 2006 in Indonesia. It is a 21 fret 34" scale bass with a fast thin maple neck. It has a rosewood fretboard and a basswood body with quilt top. This bass has a sunburst finish fading from an Orange color to black which looks killer. The back of the body is contoured to fit comfortably while playing either standing up or sitting down. The bottom cutaway makes it a little hard to play the really high frets at times but with a couple hours spent on this bass you will get used to it in no time. On the bridge there is a saddle for each string and it is fairly easy to adjust. It's string through body or string through bridge, which ever you want to do. The pickups are passive and it has three knobs: a volume for each pickup, and a knob for overall tone control. It has single coil, noise cancelling, jazz style pickups that have a great sound for all types of playing. I'm not sure of the brand of the tuners but I know that they are non-locking. They are a decent set of tuners for a bass in this price range and will keep your bass in tune for a decent amount of time (you can make it through a whole set easily). These features make for an awesome bass especially for a bass you can get for under $250.

Kada2110
    Im a guitarist, but im gonna buy this bass (I wanna learn how to play)... Is it a good choice?
    Fingerboy18
    Drome371 "wth if you think it's so sexy then go rape it, it can't defend itself, it's just sitting there on the stand" There always is the 1/4" jack Kada2110- yes, best bass I've seen for the money. I've owned mine since I began and it still works perfectly.
    JacoVictorKing
    That is so beautiful. When I first saw how nice it looked and how cheap it was, I knew I had to cheeck ultimate-guitar to see how well it played (I'm a beginner bassist)...Now that I know it plays well, I'm so buying it.
    VALISICUS
    mosh_face wrote: that is a misconception fools, i own this bass, it IS sexy... also it really does that colour change thing, purple, brown, black, gray, its kickass and the sound is beautiful with ernie ball slinkies, its like god pissing in your earholes
    No no no!!! You can't put Earnie's Balls on this bass. You should try the GHS Bass Boomers. They don't sound like rattling tin cans! Sorry, but that's what they sounded like to me. I never liked them that much, just didn't know what else there was. My guitarist used GHS, I tried 'em, and love 'em.
    Fingerboy18
    I just bought an Ibanez SR506 six string, it makes this bass play like a toy, seriously. But, the Millennium is a great bass that's completely affordable.
    Drome371