Millennium 4 BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 4 BXP

Price paid: C$ 150

Purchased from: Used (Kijiji)

I play a lot of different styles on guitar, and bass is my second instrument and I mainly play for studio purposes. Having said that, this bass has a great range of tone, from low and thunderous to pop and twang. Mainly doing prog rock right now, and this is an awesome bass for sure. I use it with a DigiTech bass pedal, just into my Micro BR and do effects later. No noise or issues, thanks to hum-cancelling pickups.

For most pop, rock and metal styles, this would be a good bass for regular gigging, if not fancy. I has surprisingly good sound for an inexpensive bass, but Peavey makes a good, if basic, piece of equipment, at the very least. I have been playing for over 30 years, and this is as good as basic bass as I've ever played. Like I said, I am not a bassist primarily, but I know my way around one quite well, and this better than any Squier, Epiphones and the like for the same price or more. No active electronics or fancy features, but a great solid bass with a good degree of variety in sound. I would try and replace it for the price if damaged or stolen, but would likely not be able to.

I have used a lot of Peavey equipment in my life, and one thing they do is last. This bass was made to stand up to most everything, and I have no idea how it was treated by the former owner, but I think it take what ever I could throw at it. The hardware is good and well put together, and the finish looks like it will last a long time. I think you could trust it for years, not just one gig, without backup.

Bought used, so I can't say how it was from the factory or store. When I got it the action was high, but was easily set up to play fast and furious. I am impressed with how good this guitar was put together for the price. All the electronics and hardware are good and the workmanship was there. I am not a huge fan of the quilt maple top finish, as I have seen better, but I don't play it on stage. When I was done cleaning, restringing, and setting up this bass, I was was amazed at the excellent deal I had gotten.

Bought used with a Fender Rumble 25 amp for $250, so I'll call it $150. Excellent condition and came with a hard shell case. Super deal for a bass of this quality. 21 frets on rosewood fretboard, with a maple neck. Nice sturdy neck, with a very nice tone. 2 J style hum cancelling pickups and string thru bridge are nice features on an inexpensive bass. The basswood body is light but has surprising tone and sustain. 2 volume pots and 1 tone, basic tuners round out the features.

morbidguitar
    there should be an age and experience limit when writing reviews. Most of the reviews on this site appear to have been written by 12 year olds just after they got their first guitar.