Millennium 5 AC BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 5 AC BXP

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play Metal music mostly. Thrash Metal, Alternative Metal, Hardcore. I also play rock, and some jazz. I've used A Cry Baby wah f a while and Boss bass distortion. The bass is not noisy at all. You can get almost any sound out of it from jazzy to punchy, you can get a crunch only, or a long sustained note just by turning the knobs. The bass can make smooth sounds and a full on crunch. The low B string especially has different sounds. Smooth or that full on smack sound. I do play some slap and I fine that the Neck Pickup does the most for this style, but it does have a very good bright sound for this style.

As I said before I play Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, and some Jazz stuff. This is a great match for these genres even though the bass's look from the finish I got, doesn't exactly LOOK like a Jazz Bass, if you're goin for that I suggest the "Tiger Eye" finish. I've been playing for almost 2 years and this is my 2nd bass. I also own a Fender Squier P-Bass. The only thing I had wished I had asked about was what batteries it took. But the 2 9-volts isn't a problem, I just suggest re-chargable batteries. If this product were stolen/lost I would definately buy it again. My favorite feature is probably the 5th string, but I also love the tone from the bass itself, and the pickups. The only thing I don't really like about it is how easily fingerprints and such show up on it. I compared this to Traben Array 5 and and Ibanez 5-string, I picked this one because of value, and I loved the finish.

This guitar has withstood a couple weeks of band practices, and my hard hits, it stayd in tune very well, the strap stays on (these strap buttons seem larger than most I've seen). The hardware stands up very well to regular ware and tear. I would use it at a gig without a backup, if it weren't for the fact that I'm affraid to break a string, but this has nothing to do with the bass, I just think that all artsit's should have a backup incase of broken strings. The finish is lasting very well, very very hard to scratch.

The guitar's action was perfect, although I did have to spend a good hour re-adjusting the bridge. The 12th fret was not matching up at all as an octave, and I use this a lot in my playing. The notes seemed out of tune from about 8 and up. The bridge re-adjustment fixed this problem easily. The pickups were adjusted very well. All the hardware is very secure and well put together, the only real problem I had was the bridge. Oh, this is small but... The 2 9-Volts were not attached, but this was very small, and I'm not sure if they should have been attached. They were in the battery compartment in the bass just not connected.

The bass was made 2009 in China. 21 frets, Rosewood fretboard and agathis body with quilted veneer, Transparents black finish, String-through finger-style bridge. Active PuPs. Volume, Blend, Shape, Bass, and Trebel knobs are given. Peavey VFL active PuPs. Hipshot Y-style tuners. No included accessories.

525bass
    I've had this bass for three years now and I love it. It has such a flexible sound you can use it to play anything. I play a wide variety of genres and it handles all of them very well. It sounds great with distortion (I think that's mainly because of the 18 volt pre-amp, as I have an esp bass as well that uses only 9 and is noticably quieter) and the slap sounds fairly decent when you solo the bridge pickup. To Lemurs4mangos, my batteries usually last about two months, with the bass being played for a few hours every day.
    525bass
    Lemurs4mangos
    Okay well as you can see I got the bass, and in about 6 months, of playign daily I haven't had to replace the batteries, I play 3-4 hours a day when I can.
    eddiehimself
    Just to say i've sold this bass now, it wasn't a bad bass to play or anything i was just getting a bit irritated with the hardware.
    525bass wrote: I've owned this bass for about three years and I love it. Probably one of the best basses I have ever played. It has an extremely flexible sound due to the five-band EQ in the preamp. I play stuff from several genres and it handles each very well. It's tough as hell and it plays so smoothly. It sounds great with distortion (probably because of the 18 volt preamp, I have an ESP bass as well that only has a 9 volt one and sounds horrible with distortion) and the slap is also pretty good with the right strings and the bridge pickup soloed. The bass has a huge sound, but it can be used with a very small amplifier and still sound good. I used to run mine through a little peavey 35 watt 110 and it sounded great. Now I use a Fender 100 watt 210 and it just shakes the house. The only problem I've ever had with it is the output jack keeps coming loose due to poor soldering of the connections inside. When this happens there are loud pops and clunks in the signal and sometimes the bass cuts out all together. To Lemurs4mangos, the batteries on mine usually last for around two months if I play it every day for a couple of hours.
    you mean 3 band EQ it's got 5 knobs total for the volume and balance.
    megabone01
    any one have a problem about batteries in this bass?? mine just last for about 1month. i dont know if its natural or my millenium ac bxp 5 has a problem?