Millennium 5 AC BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 5 AC BXP

I play everything from metal (thrash, death and core) to funk and this is excellent. The bridge pickup gives a more passive sound and the neck pickup is a very prominent active sound. I can get almost any tone out of them. I use a Vox Pathfinder 10 at home and and Ampeg, Peavey and Marshall cabs when not. I get excellent tone from each and I couldn't ask for more from a bass. I love the sound, I love the pickups and I can compare them to EMGs, Bartolini's and Seymour Duncan's and these come out on top in experience.

My overall impression is this is the best bass I have ever picked up. I have played everything from Stingrays to Fender Jazz's and this is by far my favourite bass. I paid next to nothing for this compared to other instruments and I love it. I get a lot of comments of its looks and sound all of which are positive and its maroon finish I have it in is a work of art. If it was stolen I would go back out and get it again and again and again. But if these basses are good enough for John Campbell they are good enough for me. I love everything, ant fault it at all. I can't fault this at all and it is just as solid as when I bought it. If you are considering this bass, just do it they are cheap with an expensive feel, build and even better sound.

No problems gigging with this, I have even dropped it pre gig and there were no problems whereas my Ibanez has done in the past with bashing it about as I am quite clumsy with everything. Still looks as new 6 months on. Hardware is brilliant the cirrus electronics and pickups sound better than Bartolini's I have used in the past. I use Planet Waves lock straps and I have never had a problem. No adjusting has been necessary apart from obvious pre gig tightening. Since the near death of my Ibanez I have used this bass soley for gigging and practice. Never had a problem, its all I take no backups. Love it. The finish looks impressive, feels beautiful and still looks as new and doesn't scratch.

The bass came with a really nice low action straight out of the box which I have kept since purchase. The pickups were also perfect straight from Peavey. There has been no flaws and it is again excellent in every aspect. One thing I must point out though is the battery compartment may seem a tad small. You need to insert the batteries top to toe as it takes two 9v batteries. It is a very snug fit but can be removed fine and batteries easily replaced. This bass also has a fully adjustable and accessible truss rod but I have never needed to touch it, I haven't adjusted anything, its just perfect out of the box.

Made in China/ - 34" scale - 21 frets - Laminated top - Solid Basswood body with a quilted maple cap - Maple neck - individual finger-style bridge - String-thru body or top load - 2 Peavey USA design VFL active humbucking pickups - 18 volt electronics - 9v preamp - 9v pickups I purchased straps and cables after this It came shipped with just the bass but at the price most people (even beginners) will have money to get a strap and bag as well. I have been playing for years and this is by far the best bass I have ever purchased and played. I got this on clearance and god knows why it was going so cheap.