Millennium 5 BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 5 BXP

This bass doesnt't fully fit my style of playing though. It's more of a jazzy bass, when I play death metal. I use it with a Fender Bass combo. The bass only sounds good if you have the tone knob all the way up. If it's not turned up, it sounds horrible. It doesnt't have a very wide variety of sound.

I play death Meatal, and like I said, this is a very jazzy, poppy, bright-toned bass. It wasn't such a good match for me. I have been plaing the bass for as long as I have been playing the guitar wich is 12 years. If it was stolen or I would somehow get it back from him, but I wouldn't go to the extent of killing him like I would for my Washburn Dime 332. I just wish it had better pickups.

I think it would withstand Live playing. The hardware is good and strong, and can take a beating. The strap buttons are very wide, so you don't have to worry about the bass falling off during a gig. I can depend on it, but I would still play with a backup (just incase). The finish has a solid coat and will last a long time of playing.

The bass was set up fine at the factory. The action is very high, I hate low-action basses and guitars. The pickups were excellent, except the tone problem. And I have not found one flaw with the bass other than the tone problem. I found the action, fit, & finish to have no problems or flaws.

My Peavey Millenium BXP is made in 2004. It is a Quilt top, in Transparent black. it's pretty sick. I think it's made out of mahogany but I'm not sure. It has a very large top horn, and it is a string-thru body. It works on passive electronics, not active. It has 3 knobs. 2 volume (one for one pickup, one for the seconnd one) and one tone. There are 2 J-Style pickups. The tuners are locking, but sometimes slip. This bass stay in tune long enough for me. I bought I gig bag for it for $30.

t3hrav3n
    i played one as well. i love it, really. the only problem i had was the amp i was playing on. it didn't have much attack for my tastes, but i didn't really get to test it out. i was in a small shop and i was in a hurry, so a little figer picking was all i got to do. i'm definitely going to get this bass. the sunburst is awesome
    Chunky_Lover
    ive got this bass. the transparent finish doesnt look as good as in the pics, but its a pretty damn good guitar n the strings that come with it suck
    Chunky_Lover
    ive got this bass. the transparent finish doesnt look as good as in the pics. it still looks good though. the strings that come with it suck.