Millennium 5 BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Millennium 5 BXP

This bass suits my playing style perfectly, whether I'm in the school rep band or playing with my friends. I use a Peavey combo, 75 watts, and it gets really nice volume, without any swells or drop-outs. No more noise than a standard bass with single-coil pickups, as long as you use a floating-thumb technique to mute the sympathetic vibrations. Great variety of sounds from this bass, really punchy and full of mids.

I play almost every style of music, it all depends on my mood. This bass is great for any style of music. I've been playing for a long time now, and I have no regrets buying this bass. If it were stolen, I'd look for someone playing it, because I'm the only person I know Who has one in the tiger eye finish:) Once again, my fav feature is the neck, I love the way it feels. I tried out a few other, much more expensive bassesI like this one the best, even over a Warwick, which surprised the stupid salesman trying to sell me the $3,500 basses when I only had 500 in my bank account, but I'm cool like that, I don't care about the name on the headstock, especially for a bass that performs this well.

This is an amazing bass, and just like any other Peavey, it's built like a rock. I've dropped it a few times, and nothing wrong yet, just like my old Peavey, which I've banged and smashed off hard floors for fun, and it still works fine. I've played with a few people, and I know it can stand up to my "energetic" playing style. The finish is there to stay, no way it's gonna wear off.

The bass was set up almost perfectly from the factory, great low action, with no fret buzz. The pickups are at the perfect height, I didn't have to adjust them. And the finish is amazing. I've had so many compliments over this bass, nobody believes the price I paid. No flaws at all yet, but it's only 2 weeks old, and I doubt I'll ever have any problems.

I'm not really sure what year this was made in, but who cares? It's got a standard 34-inch scale, amazing neck, and 21 frets. What I like most about this bass is the neck; it's a bolt-on, but it's the perfect width and thickness for my playing style. The body is made of basswood with a beautiful quilt top, and hard rock maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It's a standard double-cutaway body style, but with an extended upper cutaway, helps it balance better. Standard bridge and passive J-style pickups, with ultralight tuners.

brammy
    i got one of these for 95 english pounds sterling, awesome purchase (ex display)
    E V H 5150
    My current guitar is a peavey, and I was planning on picking one of these up, four string, though. It would have to be tiger eye like my guitar, though...
    filthylittleboy
    Ampeg J wrote: I picked one up at my local music store, it does indeed play nice, sound good, look great. To replace my el-cheapo Series 10 5-String, I am still leaning toward the Ibanez BTB405QM 5-String though. If i can find one that is.
    check out this one, i posted the review for it yesterday http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/b... tars/ibanez/btb555/index.html
    LizarD0
    I just got this bass recently. It is really good very comfortable to play and good for beginners (like me) as I had absolutely no problem in switching from guitar to this bass.
    Sparky-MMA
    is this bass good for a beginner who knows how to play, i.e i've only ever played 4 strings, never a 5, just want a bass for my home recording and the 5th string may come in useful at some point
    PunkNorbi
    I'm going to buy a 5-string bass, but I don't really know which one is the best for me :/ is it good for djent and some heavier sh*t, like Born of Osiris? (I don't have too much money for it)