Zodiac BXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Zodiac BXP

Purchased from: Musicstore

Out of the box this is a good sounding bass. Great for finger style, pick and slap and pop. I play mostly rock and metal, this bass is very much up to the task. In practice I use a Roland cube bass 100 and live I use a Warwick profet 5.2 head and 4x10 cab, all I had to do for a kick ass tone was boost the low mids a little. After about 6 or 8 months I felt it needed so help so I fitted Seymour Duncan quarter pound pickups. Now its an absolute animal of a bass! For the rating, 8 is the bass from new. After fitting the duncans its 11!

This is a great bass. Great all-rounder for the price of it. Great with solid state and tube amps. Slight hiss from the jazz pickup but you can't hear it while playing. Any modifications were out of personal preferance. If it was stolen I'd probably get another.

This is a great bass. Never had a problem with sound or anything. I never needed a back up. I fitted Schaller strap locks, just me being over-safe. The finish is still perfect too. The neck joint is rock solid. The bridge is perfect. The truss rod is very easy to get to.

When I got it the action and neck were perfect. I like a lower action but it was fine. I had to intonate the bass and tighten the output jack but thats easily done. I did find the bass slightly top heavy. Nothing that would put me off playing it. After a year I fitted Hipshot ultralite tuners, problem solved.

4 string passive bass. Alder body. Maple neck. Rosewood fretboard. 21 frets. 4 in a row butterfly tuners. P style and jazz style pickups. 3 chrome control knobs (neck volume, bridge volume, tone) on a chrome plate. Gloss black finish. Red tortoise shell pick guard.