Zodiac BXP review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Peavey: Zodiac BXP

Purchased from: redhill music store

I am putting it through a Ashdown small combo (EB180 12 inch). I eq it with low and treble boostes by about 1/10 and middle down by about 2/10 (this is what I use for my Fender so I am nto changing it) sound on split coil is good but the tone after you hear a american Fender next to it sounds muddy, has a lack of tonal clarity. The highs are very nice for a cheap guitar but almost sound digital. 8 because the splits are the best I have tried for 150.

This is a good match for when I first started as it is versatile, it still would be very nice if it doesnt't seem like it is going to break soon because of the conrtol cavity killing it. I hjave been playing 1 1/2 - 2 years. I also own Fender AM Special Jazz, 10 watt practise amp, Electrib Blue 180, Boss ME50B, Sony MDR V-6. If it were stolen or lost I would not buy it again as it is nthe same price as a VM squire which I would reather have as my jazz backup. I love its looks, but I hate the way everything isnt clear everything on the guitar feel muffled. I compared it to squire J bass and I got this as it was on an offer and cheaper while bieng more versatile.

Will withstand playing live. The hardware minus pups and pickgaurd will last forever. The strap buttons are excellent, better then my MIA jazz. I would not use it as my main giging bass because the tone is not as good as other basses I own. The finish is hard wearing but aian the neck and pups died.

This is where I get nasty... When it came out of the factory the neck joint was weak and the screws were pulling through, in the end I had to take the nech off and glue hardwood dowl into the place where the screws were, re drill the holes and put it back together. The pickgaurd is almost like warping, but it is ont near heat so not because of heat which is wierd. The split coils, the "split" is getting larger and I can see the wires underneath for no reason. The pots knobs fall off regarless of how tight I screw them, the action is good when I sort out the truss rod and floor the bridge.

2008. 21 frets PJ config basswood body, rosewood fretboard jazz bass style standard bridge passive bass 2 volume and a tone controls PJ pickups non locking tuners nothing out of the ordinary for a cheap PJ

megabass84
    TheTortured wrote: Greg Christian from Testament uses the higher end model of this bass, and his tone is ****ing sick
    I think its the Zodiac DE Scorpio he plays.