Zodiac DE Scorpio review by Peavey

Peavey: Zodiac DE Scorpio

Purchased from: Peavey

This bass has an excellent sound. I play everything from gospel to metal with this bass. I use this bass with my Fender Rumble 15 Bass Amp. This bass handles distortion very well, while maintaining a rich clean sound. This bass can make a variety of sounds with it's Precision pickup and it's jazz pickup. This bass can handle treble very well for that punchy bass sound. Or if you like to rattle windows, this bass can do that too!

I play everything from gospel to metal. This bass' tone can be shaped for whatever you were playing. I have played bass for a long time now, and I will keep on playing. This is the only bass I own, but I own two electric guitars. I love the chrome pickgaurd on this bass. If it were stolen, I would cry like a baby. If it were lost, I would probably cry like a baby. But in the end, I would buy two more. I was given this bass as a substitution for another bass I wasn't of legal age to have. I was offered a Peavey Millenium, A Peavey grind, and a Peavey milestone bass. I was very persistent, so the guy just said, "I'll give you the best looking bass you will ever see." He also mentioned details and other yadda yadda about it. I think this is the perfect bass if you want to be in control of your sound.

This guitar withstands Live playing very well. This hardware is very well made, and has lasted me over a year of playing and traveling. I do depend on it. The strap buttons are fine, but the chrome knobs fall off occasionally. This finish was made to last, and I believe it will last over five years if treated with proper respect. I use it on my gigs without backups.

The bass was set up ready to play, but the pickups needed a little adjusting. This bass had no flaws. Everything was perfect the day I recieved it. The finish was perfect. The neck was perfect. The frets were perfect. The saddles needed some slight adjusting before I started playing the bass, but other than that this bass was and still is excellent.

This bass was made in 2006. It is David Ellefson, ex-bassist of Megadeth's signature bass. This 4-string bass has a Double-Cutaway body. This bass also has 21 frets, a rosewood fretboard, and a sam Ash body. This bass's finish is black with a chrome pickgaurd. The electronics are passive. It has a string thru bridge. This bass has a Precision pickup in the middle and a Jazz pickup in the bridge. The pickups are both Seymour Duncan pickups. This bass has 2 volume knobs and one tone knob, but has no pickup selector Switch. This bass has butterfly tuners. The only accessory that comes with the bass is a deluxe padded gig bag.

guitar-noob=P
    l0rd0ct0d0rk
    hypno-beans wrote: dude that bass is the shit!!! how much was it? US or aussie dollars?
    I won it in a contest, MSRP 899.99, but you can get it at sweetwater for like either $678 or something in US dollars
    l0rd0ct0d0rk
    WarFreak131 wrote: good review, but the wording is annoying. this bass sounds really good. this bass doesnt comes with any other accessories. this bass uses P and J pickups. this bass's finish is black. this bass was set up and ready to play. i realize that your talking about the scorpio, you don't need to constantly refer to it as "this bass".
    My apologies
    WarFreak131
    maidenforce19
    Nice review. I just bought this bass as well and it's amazing. Definitely one of the best I've played for metal.
    l0rd0ct0d0rk
    lever525 wrote: So,do other bass guitars sound like it? or it sounds like a fender warwick ,you know the tone?
    I'm going to be honest with you. I've never seen or heard of a Fender Warwick. A guy In the church band I play bass with has a Fender Standard precision bass. He and I both think my bass sounds better. Another guy I knew had a Squier Standard Precision Bass with the same pickup configuration as mine, and his sounded more like a bass that prefers to be played "clean." My bass handles distortion very well, compared to other basses I've heard. This bass is good for getting your own tone out of it, and it is also durable and can take road travel very well.
    l0rd0ct0d0rk
    I'm going to be honest with you. I've never seen or heard of a Fender Warwick. A guy In the church band I play bass with has a Fender Standard precision bass. Another guy I knew had a Squier Standard Precision Bass with the same pickup configuration as mine, and his sounded more like a bass that prefers to be played "clean." My bass handles distortion very well, compared to other basses I've heard. He and I both think my bass sounds better. This bass is good for getting your own tone out of it, and it is also durable and can take road travel very well.
    lever525
    l0rd0ct0d0rk
    washburn0c03 wrote: 6Metal6Militia6 wrote: Thanks for the review man, but please don't start all your sentences with "this" and "I". not all of them start with "this" and "I" and even if they did why does it matter?
    To 6Metal6Militia6: My Fault. I have a habit of using proper english in all of my reviews. "It" had his day off in my head, plus it's a bass, so I didn't know what gender to refer it to. Nice name by the way. PS. I hate to be crude, but that is the way I usually write reviews. I'll try not to use as much repetition. To washburn0c03: I see his point, but thank you for your help.
    koalabacon
    it can get alittle annoying.
    washburn0c03
    l0rd0ct0d0rk
    guitar-noob=P wrote: Wasn't of legal age to own? Must have been made of something radioactive or something stupid. I'm getting this bass, it looks amazing, I love the P-bassish shape and the pickguard looks amazing! But the best bit for me was the fact is has the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickups.
    It was a Jack Daniels Bass (the whiskey, but you already knew that)