LX205B review by Rogue

Rogue: LX205B

My music style is country and rock. It fits both very well. The 5th string is nothing but a decoration in country, but is very useful in rock. It is versatile, I can change the tone fairly well with the tone knobs without even touching my amp. Has a full sound, and I was surprised at how noiseless it was. One down side is that I don't get much volume when slapping compared to other basses I've played.

This is the perfect bass for my style, matches great with both country and rock. This was the first bass I've owned, but sounds better to me than my friends Yamaha motion B, and plays smoother than another friends Squier jazz bass. I love the simplicity, and smooth, clean sound. Also the ability to adjust the volume from individual pickups lets me shape my sound better than just a flat out selector switch.

This feels like it can take anything, may have to adjust the neck every once in a while, but everything else is great. I played with the factory strap buttons once, and it was okay, but then I fitted it with a Dunlop strap-lok. I don't need a backup, and never had the slightest problem. The finish is still good, but I polish it almost everyday.

Everything was set up perfectly when it arrived, not a scratch on it. It was already stringed, and I played it right out of the box. I can't seem to find anything wrong here other than minor things. The action overall is a little higher than I'd like. One of the tuners feels a little loose, but that's no big deal.

This was a 2007, 24 frets, maple neck with, rosewood fretboard. It has a strat-style body, and a separate tone and volume for the neck split single coil, and bridge humbucker. Non-locking tuners, and no included accessories. I believe that rogues are American made. Pickups are covered when the bass arrives.