SX100B review by Rogue

• Reviewer's score: 5.4 Decent
Rogue: SX100B

This bass is definatley for beginners, the sound isn't all that good and I have used quite a few different amps with it; Line 6 Spider III 75W Combo, Drive 200B Bass Combo, and some type of First Act amp. I had broken the D string like 2 or 3 months after I got it and I've tried different brands and types of srings with it and the sound still sucks. I just use this as a practice bass now.

When I played with the band and I am just practicing I usually play metal or light rock, etc. I have been playing bass for like 2 years and I also own a Dean Edge Bass. If it got stolen or lost, I wouldn't care. My overall impression of this bass is pretty much; "Why the hell do I own this piece of crap?"

I played with a band for a while and the bass comepletely sucks and I would not recommend using on a gig due to all the problems it has. So the reliability and durability of this bass is not good at all, I don't trust the features or playability of this bass.

This bass wasn't put together very well at all and around the same time the D string Busted the cable jack wires got disconnected because there was barely any solder to hold onto the wires. The pickups were not at a perfect level because one was higher than the other (one half of the split coil was higher than the other).

This is a small, light bodied bass with a fat neck that has 24 frets. The neck has a maple neck with rosewood fretboard and has a total scale of 34". This bass comes in 3 different colors; black, red, and blue. It has a high gloss finish that really sucks, it looks like crap after a few plays due to fingerprints.There is two controls on this bass which are volume and tone controls and the tone control sucks and hardly even works. There is only on split-coil pickup. The only accesories that this bass come with are 2 allen wrenches.

fastmguy
    um guys...its just a beginner bass...no one wants to invest too much into a hobby that you may or may noy stick with.
    djsteiner
    the 24 frets is the only thing its got going for it. i bought one of these when i first started playing and have since gotten a WONDERFUL squier vintage modified jazz. this bass has been relegated to mad scientist like experimentation duty as i have no desire to play it and i wanted to learn more about how basses are built, wired, etc. the finish is definitely awful, 10 minutes of playing and it looks like i got it out of a dumpster due to all the fingerprints, especially because i have a black one. i considered selling it on ebay, but i figured i probably shouldnt submit someone to the torture of playing this bass.
    elmos_servant
    as stated in the reviews, it is definitely not a good bass. however, i do recommend it to anyone who is just starting and needs a cheap bass. i got mine in 2004 and it still works great. it definitely does not look good or sound good, but for anyone starting out, it is worth the $130