Corsair review by Samick

Samick: Corsair

Like I said we play a lot of rock and this instrument matches well. I've only been playing bass 8 months, but have been playing guitar for a few years now and I own 3 acoustics, 1 electric and amp, and a mandolin. If it were stolen I would purchase it again because it was a good price and has been holding up very well. I like the finish it is really nice as well the active electronics are a nice feature. So in all I think it's a good bass for the price and would reccommend it to anyone starting to play bass.

I've used this guitar for 1 live performance and several parties everything has held up just fine (even with people toying with it when I'm done playing) and I can rely on it to stay in tune for an entire set. I've only had it 8 months but there is signs of wear yet. I've gone through 2 batteries so far which doesn't seem bad to me. And yes I would use it on a gig without a backup, but thats mainly because I don't have another bass.

Cosmetically the guitar is really nice, no dings or dents or defects in the wood or anything along those lines. It stays in tune quite well. When I recieved the guitar after playing for a week I noticed the intonation was off in the D and G strings as well the 4 screws that hold the neck on the back 2 were loose.

I bought this from a local music store, it's the first bass I've ever bought after playing guitar for a few years. It has three pickups 2 Precision and 1 Jazz, or two small and one long (because I don't know the difference). It has two volume knobs and 1 tone, there is active electronics for a boost in the tone knob, 22 frets. It has a velvet top and chrome tuners, bridge, and knobs.