Damian-4 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damian-4

I play mostly rock, metal, and some punk and this bass is absolutely perect! It has great bottom-end and a very deeop tone regardless of where you play on the neck. It has great bass sound but I think it sounds better with thicker strings. Its only flaw is when you do any slap-pop. The ton weakens drastically and becomes tinny. I've tried several EQ settings on my amp (Acoustic b-10) and the sound has not improved. In short it's an excellent rock bass but not good for jazz/funk.

As I said before I play rock and there is no better match in this price range for my style. I've been playing for a year but don't be fooled, I've learned alot and even with what I've learned if I had it to do over this would still be my bass. If someone stole my bass I would hunt them down and steal it right back and if it were lost I would go buy me another one! I love this bass's tone and agressive yet under-stated look. My one and only complaint is the weight. I'm a girl, a small one at that, and I realize that basses are big and heavy but this one is just a little heavier than most. While this is not a deal-breaker for me it is something to take into consideration for you smaller bass players. Besides that I love the feel and the contoures. All in all it's an excellent bass and it's a great instrument for the price.

This guitar does wonderfully live! I have never had problems with it and I never have to tune up in the middle of a gig. Everything about it is solid except the finish. I don't play with a pick so it presents no problem but if you do it would. I do, however, wear studded belts and they do a number on the back as I move around alot. Peronally a few character marks don't bother me but if you play with a pick than expect some majos one's.

When I got this guitar the only thing that needed to be done was some tuning. Everything was secure and as it should be. I've adjusted the action once in the past but only to experiment with sound, ultimately it was fine. Nothin else with he fit and finish needed adjustment.

This bass was bought new and was made this year. It features a maple, bolt-on neck with a rosewood finger-board, with black-pearl bats inlayed, and 24 jumbo frets. It is a solid top made of bass wood with a matte black finish. The bridge is Schecter custom. It has two EMG-35HZ pick-ups and an active electronics system with vol/blend/EMG 2-band EQ. It has Schecter, non-locking tuners. All around great.

The Beige
    im liking it, and i dont even play bass. if it was mine i would have replaced the emgs's with some irongear ones.
    Shinsen88
    Love Schecter. This bass looks great. Personally I prefer the Stiletto to the Damien, though. The slap tone of the Stiletto is godly.
    SOADriff
    It's spelled DamiEn decent bass, though i think the stiletto would be a better purchase.
    SkepsisMetal
    filthylittleboy
    Ibanez sound gear is the best bass on the market today.
    abyssaldeth1
    ibanez soundgear is an alright starter bass but theres a reason its one of the cheapest basses on the market...
    PurpleDinosaur
    Bes' be trollin'. Ibanez couldn't make a decent bass to save the company.
    SOADriff
    EpiExplorer
    SOADriff wrote: PurpleDinosaur wrote: filthylittleboy wrote: SkepsisMetal wrote: Never played Schecter basses, although I love the guitar range. If I wanted a new bass I'd probably go for one of the Ibanez SRs but this looks like a good contender Ibanez sound gear is the best bass on the market today. Bes' be trollin'. Ibanez couldn't make a decent bass to save the company. i disagree. The soundgear series are great basses for the money, and the BTB series are top notch aswell as alot of their high end models. But i just don't like the feel of the GSR and more common low end basses, plus they usually sound loose.
    The K5 is an immense bass o.O