Diamond-J review by Schecter

Schecter: Diamond-J

Purchased from: Keller Music

This bass sounds unbelievably good. It works for almost every genre of music from metal to jazz to rock to punk, this bass can do it all. Although the amp I'm using is terrible and is from many years ago it still sounds great. It is a jazz bass so it has a very bright, full sound.

Overall this is a great bass and I'd reconmend it to anyone. This will do the job for any type of music you play. I really love almost everything about this bass and wouldn't think about buying a new one in a long time. Before buying I was looking at other Schecter bass at the time because I know the Schecter has a very high standard in making instruments, and I was also looking at a Fender Jaguar bass, but for the price and sound this was just the best one.

I'm very rough with my basses any where, always bumping into things pretty much where ever i take it and this bass can really take it. I try not to make sure I leave belt buckle rash on it though. I worry about that on any bass I use, but i honestly don't think that the finish is going to wear off any time soon. I would definetely rely on this bass anywhere. The tuners on it are great and the bridge is, too.

The action on this is very low and is usually the way I lke it. The custon Schecter pick-up are very well placed in my opinion. One is very close to the bridge which I like when I use a pick and then one in the middle which has a great sound when using fingers, plus there's room at the top to slap which I love.

Well all Schecter instruments are made in Korea but it is a very good bass. The fret board is rosewood, but I would have wanted it maple. It has 21 mediam frets. It has an alder body with a maple neck with a sunburst finish. The bridge is a Schecter Vintage and Schecter Tone 2 pick-ups. They are passive. It has 2 volume and 1 tone control. It has Grover tuners.

Ermac1991
    Im thinking of buying one of these, i think i might get one with a maple neck though, good review thanks.